• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1992 K75 Repair

lynncasey

I am looking for a place to take my bike to get it up and running. I have been unable to ride for about 10 years. I am in the Chandler, Arizona area. I am looking for an honest, reliable shop. I have checked with a couple local dealers and they do not work on bikes prior to 2000. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

About 6 or 7 years ago I purchased an 88 K75S in Tucson, Az. The bike hadn't been ridden in a while and the mileage was nearing 100k.

The seller transported the bike to Iron Horse BMW in Tucson after I made the purchase. It was my intent to fly out from Ohio and rider the bike back.
I spoke to the owner of Iron Horse and indicated that I wanted the bike to be safe and reliable; they had several months before I was planning on flying to Az.

The wife and I flew to Tucson and picked up the bike. The bike ran very well and we mostly had a great trip. The one downside was our lack of understanding
how very dry it is in Az. We were stopping for a hydration break about every 45 to 60 minutes. It should have been every 20 to 30 min!!.

I still have that K75S and it still runs great with over 100k. I would do business again with Iron Horse it I were to be in the Tucson area.

Back