• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BRAND NEW R90S Build by MAXBMW !!!

Now if you are a BMW dealer and get some PR mileage out of it - O.K. And then again...you are a business! what are you going to do once it is done? Hope someone buys it for 100K?

Max is a good guy and GETS it about running a business and treating people right. I'm sure he's having fun with this one.

A while ago MAX's operation restored a R69?, I think it is called their heritage division. The results (from the pictures) made it look as good as new. I had a picture somewhere but can't find it. Tom may remember for sure.
OM

R100RS "Kit"

When first viewed I wondered what the final "retail" bill would be, crazy high I'm sure. However I realize that isn't this project's essence. BUT if they ever list, as a "winter project", stock # 001R100RS2014 - an all (new) parts for one R100RS in three crates - with a somewhat reasonable (?) list price...I'd be tempted. Now where did I put that Lottery ticket?

A while ago MAX's operation restored a R69?, I think it is called their heritage division. The results (from the pictures) made it look as good as new. I had a picture somewhere but can't find it. Tom may remember for sure.
OM

I don't recall, Gary, but I do recall that every time I've met Max in NH, he was the real deal, the kind of guy you want to do business with. I've never bought a bike from him, but I have bought gear and service. Even when I was just kicking tires, he made me feel welcome.

I don't recall, Gary, but I do recall that every time I've met Max in NH, he was the real deal, the kind of guy you want to do business with. I've never bought a bike from him, but I have bought gear and service. Even when I was just kicking tires, he made me feel welcome.
I dug up the link to their heritage dept- http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/service/vintage.html#&slider1=2 each of the pictures are "clickable" which brings you to the MAX Smugmug acct. Lots of BMW parts scattered around.
OM

It's funny how different things/builds hit us all different. Take the recent thread of a no expense spared build of an airhead cafe. A guy was hired to do the build and he sent out about every piece to top level shops to get redone before he put it together.....It looked beautiful but it bored me to death. Then there is the thread about restoring an airhead where the guy does things like scrub and buff the final drive and other metal pieces with a scotch bright pad and WD-40, I loved that build.

And this build, I love it, not because of the technical creativity of it, it is really pretty straight forward; no, I love it because like many I fell in love with BMW because of the smoke silver R90S that came out when I could not afford one. Max is building a brand spanking new one........I want it, I want it, I soooooo want it.

Looks like later style rocker towers and arms. Thought the new style had locator nubs or something. Love the Conti Twins. Didnt know they are still available. Love this bike. Wish I was rolling in dough. This is the nicest R90S in the world I guess.

Not sure about the 'glaring' problem that was mentioned - but she started right up!
Yes it did. So cool. What glaring problem are you speaking of? Hope it wasn't the rocker tower thing. That was just an observation. Not a criticism. I think this is a wonderful thing all the way around.
I do wonder about the vin number. How many digits..stuff like that. The CT DMV are the worst humans I have dealt with.

Question

This is a new mc with all new parts with zero miles and not a restoration. Therefore, since this is a new mc and never registered, how are they going to register it as a 2013 R90S ? An R90S doesn't conform to any new vehicle regulations that have emerged since 1976 and there must be a ton of them. So, how are they going to register this one of a kind beauty or maybe they never ever planned to register it at all? I see this machine becoming part of someones collection and never ridden, kind of sad in a way.

I was scanning their facebook page. It sounds like they had it out for a ride, but what I did not find was where they registered it.

This is a new mc with all new parts with zero miles and not a restoration. Therefore, since this is a new mc and never registered, how are they going to register it as a 2013 R90S ? An R90S doesn't conform to any new vehicle regulations that have emerged since 1976 and there must be a ton of them. So, how are they going to register this one of a kind beauty or maybe they never ever planned to register it at all? I see this machine becoming part of someones collection and never ridden, kind of sad in a way.

Well, assuming the frame has a 1973 vin number, one would try to register it as "never sold" vehicle, or an "out of state, lost title". It is still going to fun times at the DMV.

I had a beautiful 1976 smoke orange r90s that like a fool, i sold in 83. I may mortgage my house, sell my girlfriend, and rob a bank to get this one!

I had a beautiful 1976 smoke orange r90s that like a fool, i sold in 83. I may mortgage my house, sell my girlfriend, and rob a bank to get this one!

I just went over to Max's NH store to check it out. It was built with the last set of factory painted R90S parts available. It looks perfect. It's not for sale at this time, but you'd have to really want it even if it was since Max has serious money tied up in the parts.

Back