• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

THE 2021 Montana MOA Re-Schedule (previous 2020 Great Falls Thread)

All Set!

Wanda and I have all our hotel reservations for the 2021 Great Falls Rally on the books.

After some planning, plotting and discussing, we decided to stay in the Best Western in Great Falls rather than the Springhill Suites.

For whatever reason the Springhill Suites changed their policy on reservations. Last year it was a year out, now it's 6 months out.

Our route up from Sierra Vista, AZ will take us through some awesome country.

Looking forward to it!

Wanda and I have all our hotel reservations for the 2021 Great Falls Rally on the books.

After some planning, plotting and discussing, we decided to stay in the Best Western in Great Falls rather than the Springhill Suites.

For whatever reason the Springhill Suites changed their policy on reservations. Last year it was a year out, now it's 6 months out.

Our route up from Sierra Vista, AZ will take us through some awesome country.

Looking forward to it!

We (me and a few friends) are at the Best Western River Front as well. Had booked the Hampton Inn for 2020 and then checked and both the Hampton and Garden Inn were about $200 a night for 2021 ... Best Western was nearly $100 less. :dance

Booked for my first BMWMOA Rally - Extended Stay Great Falls - 3 nights $210

Don't be too far away from Great Falls on Wednesday night, for your registration check-in & attendance Thursday.
Sounds like you may be missing the music and beer garden enjoyment on Wednesday.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Booked for my first BMWMOA Rally - Extended Stay Great Falls - 3 nights $210

StayBridge Suites. $130s - $150s per night depending on the night. Across the street from the rally and next to a very fine BBQ joint. We will be there starting on Monday so we can handle our committee responsibilities.

Dog gone you guys...

StayBridge Suites. $130s - $150s per night depending on the night. Across the street from the rally and next to a very fine BBQ joint. We will be there starting on Monday so we can handle our committee responsibilities.

Wife caught me read'n & reply'n! And having observed you guys lodging plan... now she wants a piece of the Montana Rally action in a fancy pancy motel'e thing.

I now have Tuesday through Sunday at the Best'e West Riverside reserved! No Bears.

Wife caught me read'n & reply'n! And having observed you guys lodging plan... now she wants a piece of the Montana Rally action in a fancy pancy motel'e thing.

I now have Tuesday through Sunday at the Best'e West Riverside reserved! No Bears.

Geez John, she deserves the perks of an air conditioned motel room, pool and morning breakfast all in one location. Surely you wouldn't want D sleeping in a hot, humid tent on an air mattress when civilized comforts are nearby? A shuttle bus should get the two of you home from the Beer Garden. Remember "Happy wife, happy life" :laugh

Nice she likes to go :thumb
OM

The wife and I are going to RV it with our toy hauler carrying the GS. It'll be a first for us, and then being retired we are going to hang out in western MT and parts of ID for a few weeks. I cannot wait! It will be my wife's very first national.

You've got that right..

Geez John, she deserves the perks of an air conditioned motel room, pool and morning breakfast all in one location. Surely you wouldn't want D sleeping in a hot, humid tent on an air mattress when civilized comforts are nearby? A shuttle bus should get the two of you home from the Beer Garden. Remember "Happy wife, happy life" :laugh

And all true enough Paul.
The thing is; she hadn't planned on going THIS year... but I guess because of this COVID situation and staying home so much, next year seems enticing.

More fun for me I say! ...Unless while there, she finds out how much tires and helmets really cost.

Last edited:

You should talk to this guy............

"You's guy's must see each other quite often at the MOA Get-a-Way's!

Mine & thousand's of other member tent's, have never been there.

I will admit; I've packed both "type" on every touring ride.

And frequently use both; that "hard side" one is wonderful just after three to five nights at the National.

A ratio of about 4 to 1... on a four to six week summer ride, is best for me. The price-point of extended travel works out favorably that way.

Bear in mind, I have to use caution on some of those camp nights along a babbling brook.

Ironically, I've actually had more "unwelcome" action from both bison & bear while on the bike riding. "

I think I know him... he's a dammed fool if he think's he can pull this off!

And he even had a bar stool reserved at Great Falls famous... Sip'nDip Lounge!

Hmmmm...tapping fingers on desk...

This sounds like a great option. My wife does NOT camp or sleep in a tent. The rallies she's attended with me (all both of them) we've stayed in a hotel/motel. Others I've attended by myself I've tented.

We have some decisions to make, this could be our "driving" vacation that we've never done...meaning in 4 wheels, not 2. I'm OK with that.

More fun for me I say! ...Unless while there, she finds out how much tires and helmets really cost.

I always cut the price exactly in half when admitting purchases for anything to do with motorcycling. Those half-prices always seem believable and some fibs along the way in the interest of domestic tranquility are justified in my humble opinion...

Harry

I always cut the price exactly in half when admitting purchases for anything to do with motorcycling. Those half-prices always seem believable and some fibs along the way in the interest of domestic tranquility are justified in my humble opinion...

Harry

It was from mentors like yourself, where I learned this valuable strategy. The value of Club membership exemplified!

Harry

This may indeed be an effective technique for you (one must wonder if Mrs AKsuited uses a similar approach), but does not work when one's wife is a rider too. In that case the cost of most motorcycle expenditures must be doubled, at least. After surprising me with a new GSA a few years back, as we were walking out of the dealership, Annie whispered in my ear, "My turn". And indeed it was.

This may indeed be an effective technique for you (one must wonder if Mrs AKsuited uses a similar approach), but does not work when one's wife is a rider too. In that case the cost of most motorcycle expenditures must be doubled, at least. After surprising me with a new GSA a few years back, as we were walking out of the dealership, Annie whispered in my ear, "My turn". And indeed it was.

You are blessed with having a spouse who rides. Mine won't even get on a motorcycle. She told me if I got a motorcycle she would leave me. That was 25 years ago and she's still here. My technique works for my situation. It would be a lot nicer if my wife did ride on my bike or on her own bike. I'm sure there are a lot of guys in my situation. I wonder if you and others who have spouses who ride appreciate how good they have it.

Harry

You are blessed with having a spouse who rides. Mine won't even get on a motorcycle. She told me if I got a motorcycle she would leave me. That was 25 years ago and she's still here. My technique works for my situation. It would be a lot nicer if my wife did ride on my bike or on her own bike. I'm sure there are a lot of guys in my situation. I wonder if you and others who have spouses who ride appreciate how good they have it.

Harry

HA! I consider myself a VERY lucky guy as while my wife does not ride (she does have a endorsement) and only takes short rides as passenger she totally encourages me to enjoy my passion. In 2017 when a last minute cancel by a buddy to go to Salt Lake with me I was faced with not going at all or going alone. My wife said "you gotta go, you will have a great time". I did and I did! I have to laugh when folks say to me "your wife lets you have 2 motorcycles" or "your wife lets you be away for 25 or 30 days". I tell them well she really does not "let" me but encourages me. And having recently retired it has only gotten better. :clap

I wonder if you and others who have spouses who ride appreciate how good they have it.

Harry

An ex-wife story. My last ex-wife tried riding with me but didn't like it. She even when so far as to take the beginning riders course and all the things she learned only made her worry more. Eventually we divorced, but on very good terms and naturally I kept my motorcycle. About a year later she dropped by for a visit while I was working in the garage. She looked around at the now three or four bikes I had and then looked at me and said, "You know, if we were still married you wouldn't have all these bikes." I smiled my biggest SEG and replied, "Yes, I know." To her credit, she burst out laughing.

Significant Other story. About six months after the above story I met a lovely woman who moved in with me after some months of dating. Just to mess with her, as fall and winter approached, I made a big deal out of measuring the front door to the house where she could see me. What are you doing, she asked. I replied that I was measuring the door to see if I could get one my bikes - a beautiful pearl white 1988 R100RS - through the door and into the living room for the winter. But rather than freaking out, she said, "As clean as you keep you bikes, I don't see a problem with that." Right then and there I decided she was a keeper. That was twenty years ago and she's still here. :D

Back