• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tips and considerations during this time of National Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple reports where insurance companies are refusing to pay out on business interruption insurance.
I wish the insurance companies would skip these small car insurance credits and pay all the business interruption claims.

I think State Farm is paying out two billion in credits and I probably wont notice my $30 credit.
Two billion would be better spent helping businesses.

I work in legal technology related to managing litigation document review.

We expect the courts to be very, very busy and early indications are showing that to be true. Construction law in particular.

I work in legal technology related to managing litigation document review.

We expect the courts to be very, very busy and early indications are showing that to be true. Construction law in particular.

What? These acts of God weren't specified in my policy???

My sister works in the risk management end of business liability insurance. She just laughed when I asked about business interruption insurance during our last COVID-19 family phone call.

What? These acts of God weren't specified in my policy???

Weasels. Just like after hurricanes Katrina and Harvey. The courts will be busy.

By the way, I own a Ford Focus. There is a class action lawsuit being settled with Ford because the transmissions are junk. In any event, I was reading the court approved settlement documents. There were several individual cases merged into the final class action case. One in particular caught my eye. The single plaintiff was awarded $1,000. Yes, one thousand dollars. The attorney for said individual plaintiff was awarded $98,000. Yes, ninety eight thousand dollars. Your court system at work. That was separate from the over $8 million awarded in attorney fees to the lead firm.

Weasels. Just like after hurricanes Katrina and Harvey. The courts will be busy.

By the way, I own a Ford Focus. There is a class action lawsuit being settled with Ford because the transmissions are junk. In any event, I was reading the court approved settlement documents. There were several individual cases merged into the final class action case. One in particular caught my eye. The single plaintiff was awarded $1,000. Yes, one thousand dollars. The attorney for said individual plaintiff was awarded $98,000. Yes, ninety eight thousand dollars. Your court system at work. That was separate from the over $8 million awarded in attorney fees to the lead firm.

Tort reform is needed. Sadly, the ABA has too many members of congress under there influence for it to ever happen. To bad, some many things would be less expensive if the ambulance chasers lost their incentive.

Tort reform is needed. Sadly, the ABA has too many members of congress under there influence for it to ever happen. To bad, some many things would be less expensive if the ambulance chasers lost their incentive.

We have optional no-fault auto insurance in PA. When the idea was proposed, there was a lot of discussion about what was a better choice. I've always went with the low cost (no-fault) option, but I don't know if that's typical or not.

Interesting statement both literally, and metaphorically. It's too bad more people don't do the same.

E.

What made sense at one time (i.e., living near the river or on that "bottom land") may not make sense in a later day. Sadly, there's a lot of resistance to moving towns and slumlords can make a very good living from renting eyesores.......

Last edited:
An ad on TV from GEICO announced a 15% giveback on motorcycle policies.....
Not sure on what the fine print said.
OM

The pandemic is messing with our concept of time

From CNN-

(CNN)"What day is it, again?"

It's become a common refrain during the coronavirus pandemic, a reflection of both how all of the days seem to blur together and how lately, we find ourselves forgetting even the simplest of details.
Our internal clocks are shot. Tuesdays are Thursdays are Wednesdays are Sundays. There are no weekdays, or weekends. There is only yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Along with these feelings of disorientation, it may seem like it's getting harder to concentrate and taking longer to complete tasks, as if our brains are just working more slowly.

Full article here- https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/health/what-day-is-it-pandemic-wellness-trnd/index.html

:hungover :hungover
OM

Fasting and prayer today

May 7th, first Thursday of May, fasting and prayer. Rejuvenate the spirit. Reflect, meditate. Put the great conundrums in their respective boxes. Look up. The moon last night lit up the yard, it takes more faith not to believe. Just sayin, someone rides on our shoulder.

Boston-
All events that require a permit canceled through Labor Day.
This was just mentioned on WCBV-5 Boston. It follows the announcement that the July 4th fireworks on the Esplanade has been canceled.
Let’s help stop the spread.
OM

I don’t think I have ever seen such a complete change in the advertising landscape. Full production advertising from places and for things that I haven’t seen show up before.
The roof/window/siding companies are advertising like I haven’t seen before.
OM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back