• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Was out last night in Memphis, Tn., went over to listen to the Legendary Memphis Bassist Leo Goff. Leo was sitting in with Eric (Scrappy) Hughes on guitar and lead vocals, his brother Walter on lead guitar, and Brian Aylor on drums. They were in top form. Explained to Brian that I was an accomplished semi-professional listener, and that I really appreciated his ability to play those drums tight and loose at the same time. He was in total agreement. :groovy The venue was the Dirty Crow Bar and Grill on Crump Blvd. next to the Budweiser Distribution Co. :thumb

IMG_1118.jpg
They was good. If your ever in Memphis, U would be in for a real treat to sit with Leo and or any of the bands he plays in. Good Stuff!

I don't know which intertains me the most, watching Leo picking that bass or wrenching on a bike or car. It's a toss up. :dunno:)

Bring a dog to the place is cheating, girls like dogs gives guy with dog unfair advantage

Last edited:
Memphis ain't one of the really cool places with high mountain vistas, ocean views, snow covered ski lodges, etc. But when it comes to music, Memphis doesn't take a back seat to anyplace. Memphis is the birthplace of a lot of American style music; Blues, Rock&Roll, Rockabilly and a lot of Country. It just oozes American music. :dance :thumb. When it comes to music all roads lead to Memphis.

Bring a dog to the place is cheating girls like dogs

Finally figured it out. I just needed a little punctuation to help me out and maybe a slight change in spelling.
Bringing a dog to the place is cheating; girls like dogs. OK, now I got it. Sorry, I'm a little slow. You are correct. The dog was not a part of the group I was with. Although it seemed pretty well behaved, and now that I think about it, I guess the girls liked the dog. It's a pretty nice place, kinda sorta. It was really a semi out door patio that the band was playing in. 1/2 of the roof was a real roof and the other half was like a tent top. There was a hard rain and several parts of the tent roof was sagging due to rain accumulation. We used a stick, pressed it up which drained the water off the tent part of roof. Also on the side was a large flat screen TV, so some of the small crowd was watching the game on the TV and were still listening to the band. So, all in all, it was a good night out. :thumb

The Invisibal

I've looked the pics over pretty closely and I'm no where to be found. I'm actually sitting the next table over with an IPhone5 playing photographer. Glad that mystery is solved. Thought for a moment that I was the invisible man. I love a good mystery as much as the next guy, but being invisible is kinda creepy.

OK, Smoke time to wake U up from your sleeping trance. Now, what's the sequence. O'yeah, 1,2, 3 and snap finger. 1,2,3 SNAP. Smoke, wake up. Nothin. Let's try again. 1,2,3 SNAP! Wake up Smoke. Nothing. I ain't gotta clue. Well, Smoke keep sleeping, and let me figure this out. :scratch:dunno

Hang in there Smokey, I'm working on it. You're so cute, asleep. May just have to leave you in that cute state of sleep. :thumb Uh Oh. Gotta back up and see where I messed up. Gotta be a clue back there some where. Man, messing around with casting spells is dangerous business. :hungover:banghead Yikes.

Smoke hang in their girl, I've got calls out to a lot of the best people all over the country that deal with stuff like this. Somebody will have the answer. :nod

Back