• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

My buds run the whole gamet from super low tech old Indians and Harley's such as Indian John to the hitech guys like Lentz. I'm kinda between the two extremes. I generally find that the two extremes are very expensive. Generally I find the ownership of any motorcycle an expensive hobby. Oh well.

Winter Boredom

IMG_0535.jpg
IMG_0533.jpg
Was sitting in my bedroom; bored. My vision kinda settled on this Luftmeister trunk.The more I looked at it, it kinda took me back 20-30 years. Back to the time when I was a regular Rally rat. Saw a lot of these trunks on BMW's in that time frame. A lot of Airheads and a few K bikes. Seems like a lot of the mom and pop riders, had them on their BMW's. It brings a smile to my face about those riders, every Rally I seem to attend, they were there. I was a newbie and they were the vets. I started learning what gear and stuff I needed. Reynolds racks, and Luftmeister trunks were some of that stuff. A previous owner added the auxiliary lights, BMW riders have always had a higher level of interest in visibility than most riders.:)

Reynolds Rack

IMG_0539.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg
Good stuff from that era. This particular system has the hinged rear rack. Was designed for Airheads with the cowl seat pan, RS, S, RT type models. Made it possible to tuck the rack in when traveling and pulled out when opening the the seat pan. The old vets liked demonstrating this feature to us newbies. Another good feature of the Reynolds system was it was very stout. It was just as sturdy as the BMW subframe. In an emergency type situation a rider could pick up on the rack and move he bike around. Good stuff, it wasn't going to crack or break. If your going to put an old airhead on the road for serious riding and touring, a Reynolds system is definitely a plus.

Boredom Continues

I got old obsolete BMW parts stashed everywhere. Actually neat old stuff, that at one time was the latest greatest. There were a lot of venders, who kept the Beemer crowd supplied with all the stuff. Now long gone.
IMG_0543.jpg
IMG_0544.jpg
Wixom bag mounts for the /2's and R69S.

IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg
I think I'm correct on that. I worked in a lot of manufacturing facilities where metal was bent, formed, stamped, assembled, welded. I like looking at this stuff. It's an acquired affliction.

Performance Plus BMW/Memphis, Tn.

IMG_0548.jpg
Finally got out for a little bit today. Went by the local dealer for a visit. Pretty slow due to the frigid weather. Told them I would due my best to be a one person crowd. They quaintly smiled and rolled heir eyes. Complimented them on their localized BMW T. They said it got some good reviews on it.

Winter Blau - Memphis/Mid-South

In our little corner of the world, we have a series of winter get to gathers at different peoples garages thru the the winter. There are 6 planed for every Wednesday night leading up to Daytona Bike Week. Pretty neat really. The first one was at Kevin Grimes place. There was a featured bike.

Back