• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2017 BMW MOA National location?

If that is correct, then my plans are coming together. I will be looking to combine the Idaho and Utah BCD routes for my trip to/from the rally. :dance:dance

Utah is definitely on my bucket list, but in September. Heat is tough to someone who considers 20F sweatshirt weather...

This part of Utah really isn't oppressive in the summer. Besides, there's just a killer ride east from Cedar Hills and on over the dirt to Soldier Hollow, then either back through Provo Canyon or along more of Hwy 92 past Timpanogos. What a way to blow a day!

Last edited:
BMW MOA 2017 Rally Site Announcement

All,
On behalf of the BMW MOA Board Events Committee here is the official announcement of the 2017 rally site. This was announced during the Open Session of the Board of Directors meeting yesterday.

2017 RALLY SITE ANNOUNCEMENT

The BMW Motorcycle Owners of America is pleased to announce the 45th BMW MOA International Rally – the rally’s sapphire anniversary - will be held at the Utah State Fairpark in Salt Lake City, Utah, July 13th through the 15th, 2017.

Utah is a rider’s wonderland with 21 national parks and monuments, 40 state parks, and seven national forests. Easy day rides from the Fairpark will take you into the mountains to Park City, the Utah Olympic Park, and the year-round resorts of Alta, Solitude, and Snowbird.

Salt Lake City is located between the Great Salt Lake and the west side of the spectacular Wasatch Mountains. About 530 miles west of Denver, 765 miles east of Portland and 425 miles northeast of Las Vegas, it is often called the crossroads of the west. Hosting the 2002 Winter Olympic Games infused the city with an international flavor, while still maintaining a friendly, “small city” feel.

The rally site is spread over 65 acres and close to the intersection of I-15 and I-80 for easy access. A light rail system terminal just outside the grounds provides easy transportation to thousands of hotel rooms, hundreds of restaurants and numerous quality micro breweries.

To find out more about this great state, check out the book “Ride Utah!” by Dave Magdiel. At over 300 pages it lists suggested routes, places to stay and eat, and provides a great appreciation of your riding opportunities going to, and returning from, the rally. Information about the Utah State Fairpark can be found at utahstatefairpark.com, and information about the greater Salt Lake area can be found at “Visit Salt Lake” on their web site at visitsaltlake.com.

The Salt Lake rally site is located in the MOA’s rally zone one. For those wanting to know more about these zones or about the rally site selection requirements, visit the BMW MOA website at bmwmoa.org. More information and FAQs about the 2017 Salt Lake Rally will be published starting later this fall through the BMW MOA media and at bmwmoa.org.

As you ride to the 2016 Rally in Hamburg, New York this July, rest assured that Salt Lake will offer you all the fun and features you’ve come to expect, but also some additional things, both old and new, you won’t want to miss!

Last edited:
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/p6O1bnuYuKYcU" width="480" height="282" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/lana-del-rey-clapping-clap-p6O1bnuYuKYcU">via GIPHY</a></p>

The Salt Lake rally site is located in the MOA’s rally zone two.

:scratch

The almighty MOA zone map shows it as Zone 1

attachment.php

This does not bode well.................

"Again, this is Utah state law and requires some explanation. Beers on tap are limited to 3.2% alcohol by weight — equal to 4% alcohol by volume (ABV)."

But, being the resourceful people that they are..........................

"And while Utah law restricts the alcohol content of draught beers to that of 3.2% weight, brewpubs cleverly manage to serve the real deal in a bottle."

Whew.:bottle

There is a UT state liquor store within walking distance of the rally site and they will be happy to sell you all the high-point bottled beer you'd like, including local craft brews, along with a full range of other spirits. Between that and das beer garden, if you go thirsty it will be your own doing...

:drink

Best,
DG

Last edited:
Whole lotta flat, flat, flat. Whole lotta flat, flat, flat. :)

But, the people are nice

Growing up in the upper Great Plains, I learned that if you're not finding the road interesting you're not going fast enough. :D

Best,
DG

Back