• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Why so many guests?

Kev95gs

goob
This may have been asked before.... ,but, why are there so many guests and so many less members? :dunno

Kevin

That is a good question. Anyone can browse the rally section of the forum as a guest and post a question. So it just seems that lots of people enjoy the browsing without registering.

Kev95GS said:
You don't have to be a MOA member to register do you?

you don't have to be a member to post in the national rally section or register for the rally. you must be a member to post elsewhere in the forums

BubbaZanetti said:
you don't have to be a member to post in the national rally section or register for the rally. you must be a member to post elsewhere in the forums

Why is it that some forums (Gear, Chartered Clubs, Clubhouse, is that it?) can't be viewed as guest? I'm occasionally, alright often, bored at work and log in from multiple computers where I prefer not to log in and I've noticed I can't see these forums. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I'm not sure what it would be.

MacMhny said:
Why is it that some forums (Gear, Chartered Clubs, Clubhouse, is that it?) can't be viewed as guest? I'm occasionally, alright often, bored at work and log in from multiple computers where I prefer not to log in and I've noticed I can't see these forums. I'm sure there's a good reason, but I'm not sure what it would be.

Good Reason #1: These forums are considered to be a benefit of membership. Works for me.

Just seems that there are a lot of lurkers that utilize the forums, more so than members at some times, that don't get the full benefit of the site and can't post.

Is it normal or high compared to other sites?

Just my .02

Kevin

BradfordBenn said:
That is a good question. Anyone can browse the rally section of the forum as a guest and post a question. So it just seems that lots of people enjoy the browsing without registering.

What Brad said. The Rally forum is for information and promotion of the rally, so is open to all. The other forums are for members only, just like the Owner's News. Total registered user count is over 8,000 now, although that includes all the people who have registered on the web site, so doesn't mean they all use the forum. Still, forum use is higher than before and increasing. :thumb

The list of members and guests reflects users across the entire site, not just the forum.

Back