• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who here rides a R1200/1250RS?

When I search the forums there seems to be a dirth of threads/posts concerning the RS. I just know there has to be more members than me and my next door neighbor who ride the RS. Anyone else out there?:dunno

When I search the forums there seems to be a dirth of threads/posts concerning the RS. I just know there has to be more members than me and my next door neighbor who ride the RS. Anyone else out there?:dunno

I ride a 2022 R1250Rs.. we’re not exactly neighbors but not terribly far either

I have a 2021 R1250RS. It is definitely a step child of the brand in that it is not highly marketed yet is probably the best of the bikes with the boxer engine. I added Helibar risers and Suburban Machinery peg lowering blocks on mine and created one of the most comfortable bikes I've owned. In fact, my knee and hip angles are very very close to that of those on a new GS, a bike I wanted because of its fit for my 6'4" frame (of course I would have dropped the pegs on a GS too so it would have been the better choice for my hips). In the current set up, my RS is great for 500-750 mile days but I tend to just do the 200 mile morning loops on weekends. I also paid about $4500 less for it than a comparably equipped GS. It's a fantastic bike for what I do!

F05972A2-9BA3-4901-809B-CF003372E9A1.jpeg

Last edited:
2020 R1250RSx2

I have had 2 R1250RS bikes - one I bought new (and traded for an XR1000) and another I bought last November. I'm 5'7" tall with a 29-inch inseam, and this bike (with the optional low seat) is one of the few I've had (40+ bikes over the past 50 years) that I can flatfoot when I'm sitting on it. LOVE the torque - roll-on in 4th, 5th or even 6th is terrific. Just ordered Wunderlich tube-style bars to improve riding position and ease of handling.

Debbie and I had a 2016 R1200RS and now a 2022 R1200RS.
The RS fits us well and it's a good bike for long days or curvy roads.

hwy 141 Hanging Flume (4).jpg

IMG_0618.JPG

I have a 2016 R1200RS and love it. I did need to change the handlebars and seat to make it comfortable for long rides. Here it is on the pacific coast highway:

20220404_080442.jpg

I just realized I need to post a picture of my 2020 1250RS. Here it is at Seneca Rocks in West Virginia.

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_152947255_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220627_152947255_HDR.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 667
Does an R1100RSL count? I was at the BMW dealer last weekend to look at a new RS and they sold it the day before and can't get another one because they've sold their yearly allotment already. You can buy a new basic model without the whistles and bells for a little over $13K which is what I would want. Will keep the '93 because when I pass I want my ashes placed in the tank. Probably wishful thinking but who knows.

Jammess, I went through that when I was looking for my RS. No one had any anywhere nearby. Perhaps you can find one that's not too far away from you? I really like the RSL. The R 1200/1250 RS seems to be the logical progression.

Since my April 2 post of the picture of my RS I was able to get the bags color matched to the Austin Yellow Matte. Here's an updated picture.
IMG_20230413_113140799_HDR~2.jpg

Absolutely. Some nice roads between our locations. Maybe we can orchestrate a small get together with some other riders too. Send me a PM with contact info.

RS Rider

RS owner in East Tennessee. Owned a 2004 R1100S prior to my 2016 RS. Both excellent bikes for spirited riding in the mountains around here. The RS is better for touring. I've modified the ergonomics with Wunderlich tubular handlebar and Suburban Machinery footpeg lowering kit and a Sargent seat.

20220816_134101.jpg

Nice! I swapped to the Suburban Machinery lowered foot pegs as well. While I have a short inseam I found the relocated foot peg position more comfortable than stock. We just returned from a week in Ellijay GA with the BMWST START event. Weather wasn't ideal but we got some good riding in.

Back