• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This takes me back to a more simple time. The Honda Trail 125

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
I don’t remember seeing note of this.
They were great back in the ‘70s. I expect them to be even better now

2021-trail125-abs-glowing_red-1950x1140.jpg

Looks like it is being reborn. Just read a review in Wheels Afield. The review was quite positive.

From Honda-

How do you make the world’s favorite motorcycle even better? How about a dual-sport version that’s adventure ready? Meet the new 2021 Honda Trail125 ABS, a thoroughly modern take on our original Honda Trail 90 and Trail 110 models. Like the other members of our miniMOTO family (the Super Cub, Monkey, and Grom), the Trail125 ABS is built for the way we ride today—except with this bike, you can ride even more places. Rugged construction. Plenty of ground clearance. Light weight. Plus, our world-famous semi-automatic, no-clutch transmission. It all adds up to a machine that’s a blast around town, and even more fun on a dirt road. So what are you waiting for? Since our first Trail 90 more than 50 years ago, riders have known that it’s not the size of the bike in your next adventure; it’s how much adventure is in your bike!

“You meet the nicest people on a Honda”.
OM

Wow. I had one back then. Like you this is the first I’ve heard about this. It should be interesting. Need to see the price point

Wow. I had one back then. Like you this is the first I’ve heard about this. It should be interesting. Need to see the price point

They’re about $4500.

These have been out for about a year… same engine as the Grom. All the motojournos were testing them a while back.

I almost would trade our Grom on one, but the Groms are such a total blast to ride and so cute that no one minds when you cut through traffic on one.

One of these days I am going to get our 67 Trail 90 back up and running…

Ian

i-pJ5XpgT-L.jpg

i-hKX9K5M-XL.jpg

Another picture from Wheels Afield-

A836B730-F568-41CB-8B33-DD73B8EAE24A.jpg

This one has some added features.

Looks great. Perfect for messin’ around on.

OM

I had a number of the older ones and the ones with the similar “bulletproof” engines. I would pick them up because the owner couldn’t get them running and had given up on them. An extremely simple valve adjustment and a new spark plug…..good to go.
The fuel injection, disc brakes and available ABS should all be a plus.
Simple and effective :thumb
OM

I had my name on my local Honda dealers list to get one(huntingon beach Honda) when it came in they tacked on a $1000 surcharge, needless to say I don’t have one.

When these first came out I believe Honda was asking about $5000 for them, and their twin, the Honda Cub. Ridiculously overpriced. Now I see the Honda website has them for $3899, a little closer to reality. That's probably not bad seeing as how people want $2000 for an old one without turn signals and a 90cc engine. I actually like these bikes. If you stuck to the side roads, I think you could go cross country on them. They wouldn't break down, and certainly would be easy to pick up if you dropped it.

Back