• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The REDMOND 1000!

Paging Mr. BB Hredocik, Mr. BB Hredocik please contact me at your earliest convenience.

For all others if you registered for the ride you should have received a test email from Mike Kneebone, President Iron Butt Association.

Mr. BB Hredocik we have a problem wtih your email address.

Best,

Rob, my correct email address is babbrb@verizon.net. I also made the correction on my IBA registration. I emailed mike but have not been contacted. BB

Leaving Miles city early July 14

Anyone else planning for an early morning (5am) departure from Miles City on Wednesday July 14?

Two of us are going from Calgary to Miles City on the 12/13 and plan on leaving early on the 14th. We are looking for others leaving around the same time to witness our departure, and we can witness yours.

Let us know,
thanks

Good morning.

Yesterday route specific emails were sent to each registered rider from Mike Kneebone, President of the IBA.

Riders were also sent an email with a .PDF attachment of their ride form.

If you did not receive this email let me know.

There are some important changes and updates.

1) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET A WITNESS TO START YOUR RIDE. You do have to get a computer generated receipt preferably from a credit card transaction from your start city.

2) MESQUITE RIDERS now have a choice of getting a receipt from Pocatello, ID or taking a more advanced route with a receipt from Eugene, OR.

3) FINISH PROCEDURES Were distributed. We will be in the Occhro Room in the North Sisters building at the following times:

Wednesday Noon to 17:00hrs
Thursday 08:00 to 20:00
Friday 08:00 to 14:00

North Sisters is the same building that will house the Country Store. We have an exterior door that should be well marked.

IBA members and the curious are welcome to come by and say hello.

Premier and regluar IBA member will be receiving invitations to the Pizza Party. If you want to bring a guest please register them on line ASAP. Becase of our deadline to order food we will not be able to accomodate guest requests at the rally.

Riders, if you have any questions or did not receive the emails from Mike Kneebone please contact me at your earliest convenience.

nye@ironbutt.com works.

I am also available for conversations too. Ping me for contact info.

Best,

Rob Nye

Premier and regluar IBA member will be receiving invitations to the Pizza Party. If you want to bring a guest please register them on line ASAP. Becase of our deadline to order food we will not be able to accomodate guest requests at the rally.

Rob - I'm an IBA member. How do I get an invite to the Pizza Party? And can I bring a guest?

Thanks,

For those familiar with the area, between SLC and Redmond, are there any stretches where fuel stops are scarce after hours ? I'm taking the most direct route via GPS. TIA

Route 20 in Oregon. There is a must make stop in Burns. There are 2 Shell stations in town, one is 24/7. Seriously consider the after hours part, it's one lonely road.

I'll be right behind you

Anyone else planning for an early morning (5am) departure from Miles City on Wednesday July 14?

Well, maybe not right behind, about 500 miles back to be exact. I'm leaving Lethbridge Wednesday am, will grab a few zzz's in Miles City Wednesday afternoon / evening and then leave around Midnight.

Ride safe everyone, see you in Redmond

Rod

Betta late than nevuh

My first post! Just got off the fence and completed registration + payment by Paypal. I'll leave Maryland early next week and plan to finish the 1000 early Friday morning.
I appreciate all the good tips here. Looking forward to that pizza party! Whoo-hoo!

My first post! Just got off the fence and completed registration + payment by Paypal. I'll leave Maryland early next week and plan to finish the 1000 early Friday morning.
I appreciate all the good tips here. Looking forward to that pizza party! Whoo-hoo!

I nominate this as the best first post ever!!

Redmond 1000 from Cheyenne

Hi riders. If you are leaving from Cheyenne, WY and need to stay overnight you might consider the Super 8 on Lincolnway. They have the lowest rates by far of any place near the Interstate. I stopped in yesterday to make my reservation for Tuesday the 13th.
The phone number is 307-635-8741. By way of disclaimer, I have no affiliation with Super 8.

796 miles from the Bay Area, 231 songs on my iPod...

In Mesquite, NV and ready to start the R1K in the morning!

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

• Mesquite.jpg
    Mesquite.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 236
Windy WY

Watch out for the late afternoon winds in WY. I came off the I-80 for gas at Rawlings and realized I could barely handle the bike about 5 pm today. I decided it was the better part if valour to check into a hotel and try to make up the time early tomorrow. People in cars were checking in because of the winds. The clerk said they were normal. Thunderstorm happening now--18:22.

Ps:

Don't worry, I'm not doing the IB so making up the time isn't going to be a high speed blast to Redmond. I'm just on my way to the rally. If you pass an overloaded blue V-Star, wave.

Holly

796 miles from the Bay Area, 231 songs on my iPod...

In Mesquite, NV and ready to start the R1K in the morning!

Good luck everyone!

Nice to see the picture of Nalu in Mesquite, Marty. Good luck on your 1000 mile run.:thumb I'm out of here Tues. morn. See you in Redmond.

Getting excited

I'm also in Mesquite, leaving around 10AM. I'm excited and hope I can get some sleep tonight! See you on the road!:wave

Call me Iron Butt. :thumb:thumb

Left Cheyenne, WY at 4:30 AM local time this morning.

Here are the stats from my ride today:

1,065.9 miles.

Total Time 16:36

Speed limits of 75 MPH in Wyoming, UT and ID sure help eat up the miles.

Have all my gas receipts safely tucked away and can't wait to turn them in.

See you all Friday at the Pizza Party! :dance

Last edited:
Call me Iron Butt. :thumb:thumb

Left Cheyenne, WY at 4:30 AM local time this morning...
...See you all Friday at the Pizza Party! :dance

Congrats! Good to hear ya finished!
Your stats are similar to mine when I did it.
1024 miles in 16.5 hours.

Seattle to Drummond, MT and back.

Bun Burner is next! :)

Back