• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Quail Motorcycle Gathering 2011

lmo1131

While this is essentially a West Coast event I thought others might be interested in making it a "destination".

If you're in the Bay Area on the weekend of 14 May you may want to attend this outstanding display of classic sport and racing motorcycles held on the driving range of The Quail. If you've ever attended The Quail, a Motorsports Gathering (19 August) you'll know what to expect.

This year's theme is "A Century of Racing at the Isle of Man"

The Quail Motorcycle Gathering
Quail Lodge Resort and Golf Club
8000 Valley Greens Drive
Carmel, California

10:30 a.m. - 3:00 a.m.

$65 per adult, including complimentary gourmet lunch and live music.

quail_motorcycle_gathering_2010.jpg

[disclaimer] I am in no way affiliated with The Quail.

Mods: Link topic with shadow to Regional West?

Thanks, Lew

Nice ;

I hear its a classy event indeed, never have been though. I could ride my Classic R100/7 with 370000m on it, all mine since new:). Its not a restore, but all original with a few road warrior dings, here and there from lots of miles. Its special to me, with all my seat miles on it and a nice looker too with a few nice mods, Heinrich Tank, Scout fairing, Bill Mayer original seat,etc...My baby:). Randy THX for the heads up show intro.

Look forward to seeing you there, I went last year and absolutely loved it, it is a stunning event at a perfect time of year, before the roads are clogged with holiday traffic, meaning it is a glorious back road ride up from LA. Sadly my R90S won't be ready for this years event, the resto is going a little slower than originally expected, so I'll be on the Megamoto.

(ps: there are a ton of pix here about the event incase you need to see more to make the trip - http://www.hp2.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73 )

My R90S will be in the parking lot somewhere.

I was ordering tickets on line, and the site asked for a Promotional Code. Any body have such a code?

Back