• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TCX Infinity Gortex Boots

M

Motowalt

Formerly Oxtar.
Just got a pair from Revzilla. $285. Received them two days after ordering!

The size 44 boots seem to fit my 10.5 D feet well. My feet spread out when I walk and the fit across the toes is just right. There also seems to be plenty of room for my calves which are "muscular" not too large, not too small... :brow
Plenty of velcro there for adjustments in either direction.

Label says they are made in Romania, soles made in Italy. Quality of stitching and finish looks good.

Look almost identical to BMW Savannah boots. There is a comparison at ADVrider between the two. Probably made by the same manufacturer, but you'll pay less for the TCX's.

Seems like they will be good for riding the 1150GS for on road and mild off road stuff. Should be comfy for hiking around off the bike as well.
But I won't be able to test them out till I actually pick up the new Beemer in a few weeks...can't wait.

Last edited:
I have some

I have ridden in a fair rain but not a downpour. My feet stayed dry in the moderate rain. I think they are great. You can actually feel the wind through the boots.

I have a pair also. Rode them through some intense heavy downpours for about 5 hours. Only 1 foot was slightly, just barely damp. I was quite impressed to say the least. Very comfortable to walk around in while off the bike as well.

Haven't worn them on the bike yet.

I know they have a goretex liner, but I think I might spray them down with silicone waterproofing for leather boots for even more protection.

The tags that come with the boots don't address this at all.

What do you think?

Haven't worn them on the bike yet.

I know they have a goretex liner, but I think I might spray them down with silicone waterproofing for leather boots for even more protection.

The tags that come with the boots don't address this at all.

What do you think?
I'd be cautious about any spray on with a gore-tex fabric, unless it's specifically approved for that use. Otherwise the spray could clog the gore-tex and defeat its ability to breathe.

Yes, I agree.

That's why I'm being cautious with these expensive booties...

I think the Gore Tex is actually a liner beneath the leather exterior...so I wouldn't be spraying anything directly on it..

I found some Camp Dry spray with 13% silicone...label says it is safe for all
breathable materials...

So I think I'll go with that...

I'll let you know how it works...

Back