• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Still chasing the R100RS mirror issue...

motodan

Here's most recent "experiment" in maintaining somewhat original styling and yet be able to see what's following/passing me. Combination of left bracket drilled out to 8.XX mm and short stem mirror. Haven't road tested yet so mirror rotated in or out and wind effect TBD. Might go with mirror rotated out and shorten the stem a tad.

Attachments

• IMG_7867.jpg
    IMG_7867.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7876.jpg
    IMG_7876.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7874.jpg
    IMG_7874.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7866.jpg
    IMG_7866.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 72
Even a little

LOL, in my case, even just a few mm of extension would have been better than the stock set up. Looks like a nice job and as in my change, not a lot of effort to do.

Now the only problem I have is walking up to the bike and bumping the extended mirrors. St.

Back