• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

St. Louis rider

MarkM

All-round Motorcyclist
Hi folks. I was a member back in the 80's when I bought my first BMW, a 1983 R80RT, which I toured on with my lovely bride. Sold the RT and moved to Kuwait in spring of 1986, and then came back to the U.S. in winter of 1987.

We settled down in St. Louis and I immediately bought a 1983 R65. Loved that little 650. Road it all across the country. It was a great solo bike, which was all I needed as we started having children. Sold all bikes in about 2002 because my four kids were all young and I wanted to spend my leisure time with my family.

In Feb. 2009, with my older kids mostly grown, I bought another 1983 R80RT identical to my first BMW, which I enjoy riding with my wife and 10 year old son (not at the same time!). Then in Aug. 2010 I bought my first oilhead, a 1995 R1100RSL.

I ride my RS to work every day that weather permits, including winter down into the 20's. I love touring when I get the chance--hoping to tour Colorado and Utah this summer. I like my wife to join me on tours, but that is not always possible. We try to at least take a 4-day trip on our wedding anniversary.

I've enjoyed attending the Falling Leaf Rally in Potosi, MO in 2009 and 2010. Great rally! And I am fortunate to have a great local dealer, Gateway BMW. Hope to meet many of you on the road or at BMW events.

Welcome aboard

I'm still new here but I saw you're from St. Louis. I lived there as a kid when the arch was being built. Near completion workers would jump into the net stretched between the two halves just to get their name on the front page of the newspaper until they started getting fired.

I have a friend who let me ride his '83 R80 RT. Very nice bike.

Enjoy the forum! They know everything here; and more.

Chuck

Welcome Mark. Sounds like you enjoy BMW's. :thumb

Glad to have you here. I live 50 miles east of you and hope to meet you on the road sometime.

Check out the Chartered Club link in my sig line. Lots of good folks belong to the Gateway Riders.

Mark,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the Falling Leaf rally. Please accept my invitation to check out the Gateway Riders. Our next meeting is Wednesday evening February 16 at Spazzio's in the Comfort Inn on Lackland near I 270 by West Port. Drop by by 6:30 for dinner and a short meeting and get to know the members.

Jay Green
President

Please accept my invitation to check out the Gateway Riders. Our next meeting is Wednesday evening February 16...
Jay Green
President
Hi Jay. Thanks for the invitation. This month won't work out, but maybe next time.

Back