• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Slimey Crud Cafe Race Run video and story in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

markfreebie

For nearly two decades, the Slimey Crud Cafe Racer Run has attracted riders from across the Midwest to south central Wisconsin hamlet of Leland, Wis. The ride, which primarily attracts owners of European and unusual motorcycles from all over the Midwest, was started nearly two decades ago by a pair of Madison friends and motorcycle enthusiasts. The ride starts at the Dane County crossroads of Pine Bluff and ends in Leland, where the the epicenter is Sprecher's Bar.

Here's the link to the story and video:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/44272777.html

The video link is on the lower left column of the story.

Mark Hoffman
K1200GT
Fond du Lac, Wis.

I wish I could have been there.

We had a very nice run yesterday. Good friends and good eats.
It was not nearly as cool as SCMG run.
Thank you for posting that.

At Sprecher's Bar in Leland, bikers lined up to buy beverages and "Jr.'s Famous Summer Sausage and Cheese Sandwiches" - two slices of Velveeta and one slice of summer sausage on Wonder Bread. It's become the signature meal of the Slimey Crud.

Oh my. Velveeta. Anyone who really knows me will tell you . . . and I am not kidding . . . that I love Velveeta. Truly. Strange but consider the source.

249529067_D5Uzn-XL.jpg

AND I MISSED IT. ARGH!

Last edited:
One of the people i hooked up with in Leland knows Junior Sprecher pretty well. He has been under the weather lately, but my friend asked if we could see him, so we were welcomed back into the home part of Sprechers and got to talk to Junior a bit. Happy to say he seemed chipper and said he should be on his feet in a few days (I hesitated to mention to him that he was already ON his feet :~) Really great guy, upbeat personality. His dad started Sprechers in '32, Junior has run it since 1950.

Really great time, yeah I always have a sandwich too. No one has ever DIED from summer sausage and cheese sandwiches, well no one cool anyways, so just watch yourselves:bluduh

Gilly

Great Riding and Great Roads!! Seen many of friends (BMW) there.
Just under 500 miles total for me from my house there 'n back.
My buddy an I,even managed to get lost with 2 GPS's.
Of course avoiding everything but Dirt Roads was in the program/route. Ended up in a few farm fields where the roads just quit. It's great to have a fuel tank that can carry 9 gals of fuel. Never any worries about running out of gas!
ricky.gif

It was an interesting different perspective for me this spring. I rode the 77' Harley Cafe racer. I've gone on BMW's in the past. That bike got some interesting reactions. Neat part is I ran into another one there and the two bikes were 2 serial numbers apart in build! Good thing that isn't a fast bike....lots of Sauk Cty's finest setting up speed traps everywhere.....Saw more than a few get popped.

And popped they SHOULD get, it sometimes get just way too nuts there, and I thanked a few of the motorcycle patrols for keeping this thing sane so it can survive. Just a few loose cannons is all it will take to shut this down totally, at least in Sauk Co.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYGcSJxpwz0

(I don't know if this was early or late, not much around when this was done. But I have seen equally crazy crap with the streets packed)

Gilly

Back