• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

signal lens gasket hack

gtgt_bangbang

I'm cheap as heII and this major resto already got me sinking down to hole in my pockets.

The signal lens gaskets are kindy spendy for what you get at 3~4 buck per.

I bought some silicone sponge CORD , about 3 mm diameter variety, got a couple meter roll for roughly the postage cost
( yes I order from Chyyy--nnna for the cheap stuff , ebay search term" Silicone Rubber Cord O Ring Cord White Seal Foamed Sponge " or like wise. )
Probably could have stuffed another mm or few diameter into the groove between the lens & body, and it would show more too.

I like the white band showing and there was a life time supply in the minimum order envelope. Play nice and I may have some to share on PM request.

The extra stuff also came in handy with the LED front headlight coversion ;
I have a JD Speaker led headlight ( jeep / humvee "gubbermint surplus" item ) unit that requires an adaptor ring to fit the BMW headlight shell and their original instructions / light / gasket / ring stack didnt work , so I hacked that TOO

bmw r100ssignal lens seal - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm cheap as heII and this major resto already got me sinking down to hole in my pockets.

The signal lens gaskets are kindy spendy for what you get at 3~4 buck per.

I bought some silicone sponge CORD , about 3 mm diameter variety, got a couple meter roll for roughly the postage cost
( yes I order from Chyyy--nnna for the cheap stuff , ebay search term" Silicone Rubber Cord O Ring Cord White Seal Foamed Sponge " or like wise. )
Probably could have stuffed another mm or few diameter into the groove between the lens & body, and it would show more too.

I like the white band showing and there was a life time supply in the minimum order envelope. Play nice and I may have some to share on PM request.

The extra stuff also came in handy with the LED front headlight coversion ;
I have a JD Speaker led headlight ( jeep / humvee "gubbermint surplus" item ) unit that requires an adaptor ring to fit the BMW headlight shell and their original instructions / light / gasket / ring stack didnt work , so I hacked that TOO

View attachment 89310

Nice! Looks a lot like the kits I've seen. :thumb

Back