• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2014: #7

Bob: You all have fun; I enjoy reading the report every year.

I'm off on Thursday for my annual swing through the Oregon High Desert, and interesting parts between.

Bob: You all have fun; I enjoy reading the report every year.

I'm off on Thursday for my annual swing through the Oregon High Desert, and interesting parts between.

Enjoy indeed! Just finished a big blueberry pancake and sausage breakfast :eat and preparing to head out to sea for a little mackerel hand-line fishing on a local lobster fishing boat. Bring 'em back and light up the bbq! Picture of the event to be in the pending report.:lurk

Long ride home today

I left Meat Cove at about 0630 and arrived Braintree, MA at 9PM -- 1450 km (my brain is still thinking in metric after a week, too tired to do the math for miles...).

Small group, and we picked up other riders along the way. ***GREAT TIME*** Nova Scotia is special and strikingly beautiful! Go there if you can, my Dad always wanted to, and never made it. Don't let that fate be yours.

This morning on my way out the Meat Cove Road.

15149314881_a0f7bb2634_b.jpg

I left Meat Cove at about 0630 and arrived Braintree, MA at 9PM -- 1450 km (my brain is still thinking in metric after a week, too tired to do the math for miles...).

Small group, and we picked up other riders along the way. ***GREAT TIME*** Nova Scotia is special and strikingly beautiful! Go there if you can, my Dad always wanted to, and never made it. Don't let that fate be yours.

A good time indeed Tom! Great weather, great people and...... the food?.........:eat.... the digestion lingers :laugh Meat Cove, the Edge of the Earth Gathering, was a splendid time with a fire at the edge and a never ending flow of conversation. The joining in of Brian and Gale from Ohio was a very welcome addition. Thanks Tom for your assistance as 'ground transport' and 'beer car'. A huge help!

"Don't let that fate be yours"....... that line is more prophetic than you know Tom.

GENERAL NOTE: watch for the Ride Report and the promo materials for the Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015 (some critical info therein!...cryptic eh?) -Bob

EEE Gad's.....OH My....

.....Critical AND Cryptic used in the same five word quotation!!!!! How can this even be good? Just when I thought I had the SFR all figured out.... what... you need a "cage" each year to
haul ice n" beer & pillows?? I'm all for a car load of girls each year... long as my wife is ride'n shotgun! Well... maybe.

Can't figure out the photo.... too many tents for bikes n' people? Those blue ones back-packers?

Had I have been there you could spot "scorched" grass from a real fire also!

Very sorry I missed the "edge of the earth gathering" and your fine event (understated)

"travel'n" John

.....Critical AND Cryptic used in the same five word quotation!!!!! How can this even be good? Just when I thought I had the SFR all figured out.... what... you need a "cage" each year to
haul ice n" beer & pillows?? I'm all for a car load of girls each year... long as my wife is ride'n shotgun! Well... maybe.

Can't figure out the photo.... too many tents for bikes n' people? Those blue ones back-packers?

Had I have been there you could spot "scorched" grass from a real fire also!

Very sorry I missed the "edge of the earth gathering" and your fine event (understated)

"travel'n" John

We missed you and your lovely wife, John! Somebody else now eats more bowls than you... :laugh:laugh:laugh

A good time indeed Tom! Great weather, great people and...... the food?.........:eat.... the digestion lingers :laugh Meat Cove, the Edge of the Earth Gathering, was a splendid time with a fire at the edge and a never ending flow of conversation. The joining in of Brian and Gale from Ohio was a very welcome addition. Thanks Tom for your assistance as 'ground transport' and 'beer car'. A huge help!

"Don't let that fate be yours"....... that line is more prophetic than you know Tom.

GENERAL NOTE: watch for the Ride Report and the promo materials for the Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015 (some critical info therein!...cryptic eh?) -Bob

There was also Darlene and Scott from Ontario who joined us, although sadly, the pictures I took of them didn't turn out.

It's time will come....

....but I'm expecting something complete between "Groundhog Day" & the Vernal Equinox near mid March!
Seems to take an extended spell of fine Maritime winter n' a nip of spirits, before the report. Reflection I guess.
"Travel'n" john

....but I'm expecting something complete between "Groundhog Day" & the Vernal Equinox near mid March!
Seems to take an extended spell of fine Maritime winter n' a nip of spirits, before the report. Reflection I guess.
"Travel'n" john

John,

Hope you won't be disappointed when you hear that 3 bowls isn't enough anymore. :wave

....Uh....

.... its not the "number of bowls" a boy holds; but the "size of the bowl" ...one has on immortal display! ....now forever lore within County Guysbourgh, Larry's River NS, and the "edge of earth" fireside gathering. Yet I will say, ya have 4 bowls of that chicken soup knowing there's ham dinner ahead.???... impressive Bud'ster!

"three bowl" john.... SFR alumi

Putting the 2014 Ride Report together and not into this thread for a wee bit. Pulled the photos of Bud's soup challenge. John set the bar and Bud couldn't resist!....... stay tuned for the full report in a separate thread.... followed by a Salty Fog Riders Rally 2015 ( and some big news ) :lurk

SOUP1_zps2ad6f1bd.jpg

SOUP2_zps5497e1c3.jpg

SOUP3_zpsf2908961.jpg

SOUP4_zps971bf40a.jpg

....Uh....em...

.......I just zoomed on a "close up" of the wall oven clock between pic#1 & pic#4.... and even allowing for "photo staging" & the extra bowl;
you've ate all day Bud... too much time: Disqualified!

Plus...I don't see any bread n butter or crackers!!!! Your looking good Bud, hope your feeling the same my friend. Mary; wheres your non wine glass hand??

as always.... "three bowl"

This morning on my way out the Meat Cove Road.

15149314881_a0f7bb2634_b.jpg

Resounding words. I need to seriously consider this for 2015. Nova Scotia has been on my radar for a few years now.

Resounding words. I need to seriously consider this for 2015. Nova Scotia has been on my radar for a few years now.

I've been there five times and have not even begun to consider it explored. I know, I know, it's only an inch on the map, but it is far larger than you can imagine.

Back