• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Saddle Bag Protection

jacobite

When I mount/dismount my R1200RT I sometimes rub my boot sole across the top of my saddle bags and leave a mark on it. Is there anything I can put on the top of the bags to prevent this? Maybe just something to put on and take off while riding. Thanks.

On this site, I was threatened with the removal of my BMW logos from my motorcycle when I referred to Panniers as Saddlebags :rolleyes:
You can try doing squats and leg stretching exercises to build your leg muscles which will keep your boots off the Panniers another option is to coat your motorcycle with a ceramic coating.

Take it to a Clear Bra shop and have them apply Clear Bra to the top of the lids. While you can purchase similar materials online, the compound curves on the bags make it difficult for a non-professional to get a good fit. You don’t need the entire upper surface protected, just the area subject to boot scuffs.

Best,
DeVern

Take it to a Clear Bra shop and have them apply Clear Bra to the top of the lids. While you can purchase similar materials online, the compound curves on the bags make it difficult for a non-professional to get a good fit. You don’t need the entire upper surface protected, just the area subject to boot scuffs.

Best,
DeVern
This its exactly what we did to the bags on our RT. My wife would drag her foot across the bag mounting or dismounting (thanks, arthritis), so when we bought the bike we added it. It was also helpful in keeping our U-Bag from destroying the painted tops.

I think it was a hundred bucks or something. It's been on there since 2005.

I've given up on worrying about boot marks/scratches to the panniers. Right foot catches both side often enough and as it's not a museum piece, I maintain it and ride it. Scratches and stone chips on both panniers just give the motor character and informs everyone who notices, I ride the thing

Back