• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RIP~ Gene Wilder......Dead at 83

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
From NPR-

Actor and writer Gene Wilder, who brought his signature manic energy to films such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein and the role that forever ensconced him in the collective memory of a generation of children, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, has died. He was 83.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ar-of-willy-wonka-and-young-frankenstein-dies

From the classic Blazing Saddles.........And one of the more tamer scenes from a movie that made fun of EVERYBODY :rofl :rofl

Your humor will be missed. :cry

OM

From the article:

"Wilder died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn., of complications from Alzheimer's disease, according to a statement from his nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman."

I was surprised to hear that. It's too bad he had to deal with that towards the end of his life.

Harry

From the article:

"Wilder died Monday at his home in Stamford, Conn., of complications from Alzheimer's disease, according to a statement from his nephew Jordan Walker-Pearlman."

I was surprised to hear that. It's too bad he had to deal with that towards the end of his life.

Harry

Both Gene and the late Gilda will be fondly remembered by those of us is that grew-up in the 70's.

Both Gene and the late Gilda will be fondly remembered by those of us is that grew-up in the 70's.

+1. There are too many scenes to post here regarding Gene Wilder. Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, the movies he did with Richard Pryor and of course Willy Wonka are some of the many movies I will think of him in.

edit: That sent me down memory lane a bit. I was just thinking about Gilda Radner playing Emily Litella on SNL and her editorial piece on violins on TV the other day.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/emilys-editorial-reply/n8635

Blazing Saddle Quote

“What did you expect? Welcome, sonny? Make yourself at home? Marry my daughter? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.” (“Blazing Saddles”)

Back