• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Reynolds Ride-off Centerstand - NOS, help with ID

Visian

look out!!!
A good friend of mine recently passed away and I am helping his widow sell his Airead stuff.

One part is a 99.9% new Reynolds Ride-off Stand. I am trying to find out what models this stand will fit.

According to instructions found on Duane Ascherman's site it looks like there is only one model for /6, /7, S and RT models, and another one for /5. It also looks like there are two semi-circular parts for the springs to attach to a frame member, and the instructions say to use the bolts supplied by Reynolds for the pivots. I have neither of those.

I had one of these many moons ago but cannot remember the details. Anyone here had more knowledge?

I think this thing is worth about $150... opinions? :ear

tia for advice!

Ian

IMG_2345-X2.jpg

IMG_2344%20%281%29-X3.jpg

IMG_2346%20%281%29-X2.jpg

Stamp

Reynolds had the habit of stamping a number on some of these up near the mounting holes. I wish they had been consistent as I have yet to figure out a way to check mounting before buying. I don't ever recall seeing dimensions for each model sold that would help to determine fitment from one bike to another.

As for the spring hardware, on my 84 R80Rt, I have the half moon things. I don't remember using Reynolds bolts however? It was a long time ago when I installed it.

Sorry I can't be more help. St.

Found the stamping

I will check out Snowbum's info.

Thank you! :D

If anyone is interested in this, please send me a PM

I have to say I don't like the ride off stand on my R100 RS much. Not having any wheels off the ground is nonsensical for a centre stand.

Not having any wheels off the ground is nonsensical for a centre stand.

Maybe if you consider how much weight is carried by the three contact points on the OEM stand vs the four contact points on the Reynolds might be considered a positive...more points means less pressure on all the points. I don't use the Reynolds for ride-off purposes but putting it on the stand and off the stand seems to be less stressful on the stand mounting points. The Reynolds is not good on soft surfaces...sand, dirt, etc...but knowing that I tend to use the side stand in those cases. There's another thread about "oil" but the idea of using flat boards to help getting a bike with a difficult center stand up reminds me that I've used the same thing in order to get my front wheel off the ground when using my Reynolds stand.

The Reynolds seems to be a personal choice for people. One of our posters feels that the center stand should never be used except for maintenance. So there are some range of opinions on use of center stands. I guess we can add center stands to the "oil" and "tires" threads!! :wave

Good deal

Finding the stamp is the big battle, 330 sounds like a typical three digit number. Good luck, if I find anything I will let you know. St.

According to an old brochure I have, model 330 fits 85-87 R80, 86-87 R65 and 88-97 R100 except GS and Roadster

Number

Thanks for finding the application for 330, LOL, I looked at my usual references and couldn't find a listing for it. St.

Finding the stamp is the big battle, 330 sounds like a typical three digit number. Good luck, if I find anything I will let you know. St.

Wouldn't you know that there is no 330 on any of the Part # lists I've found so far? :ha

According to an old brochure I have, model 330 fits 85-87 R80, 86-87 R65 and 88-97 R100 except GS and Roadster

Thanks, I hope to be able to find an image of that somewhere...

Also, from a post here by Kurt in another thread, I guess it's going to be hard for anyone to install this part without these bits:

attachment.php

Back