• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redverz vs. Lone Rider tents

skibumwi

Hey all,

I'm looking for a good tent that I can Stand up in with lots of space for storage of panniers and gear while moto camping. I keep being drawn to the at Redverz Atacama ( http://redverz.com/tents/ ) or maybe the Solo but have recently run across some strong recommendations for the Lone Rider ( http://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/products/the-motorcycle-tent-mototent-v2 ).

It really looks like someone ripped off someone elses design but I don't know which came first. I lean toward the Redverz because the "garage" looks bigger and it's a bit lower price but I was wondering if anyone had ever seen the Lone Rider? I also like the idea of using the "garage" as a sheltered place to hang out during inclement weather.

Any other, more reasonably priced, tents that work well for camping and have a tall inside height (at least 5 feet) and plenty of storage? I travel solo but have no problems with using a 3-4 person tent if it meets my needs.

What are you using?

Thanks,
Ski

I use a number of 2 or 3 person tents, depending on expected weather patterns and shelter myself and/or my bike with a Kelty Noah 9 tarp that can be configured in a number of different ways. In some locations with your two above choices, a building permit may be required. :)

Friedle

We have a Nomad tent which is the original name of the current Redverz tents. We like it a great deal, but it does pack up large. It is not the tent to use when you are moving every day, but is good for using at rallies when you will be in the same place for three or four days. We took it on one of our trips to Alaska and eventually bought a smaller tent in Anchorage and shipped the Nomad (Redverz) home. By the way, we never even considered putting a bike inside the tent, but the large vestibule is great for storing gear, getting dressed, sitting in the shade or sipping wine in the rain.

Redverz was definitely first, I see Lone Rider as a rip off company. Right now they are working on "their" new luggage system which is a rip off of Mosko Moto. They say imitation is the finest form of flattery but it doesn't tend to sit well with me.

Redverz was definitely first, I see Lone Rider as a rip off company. Right now they are working on "their" new luggage system which is a rip off of Mosko Moto. They say imitation is the finest form of flattery but it doesn't tend to sit well with me.

I tend to agree. The lone rider seems to have cut costs by reducing the size of the garage area, but the tent costs more than the atatcama?

I've done some further checking and it looks like a few other manufacturers gave introduced tents with optional vestibules (Marmot, BIg Agnes) that look quite promising.

Ski

Back