• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Recommended touch up paint, Magnesium Beige Metallic '17 RT

AjaxTheDog

Anybody found a decent source for 2017 RT Magnesium Beige Metallic touch up paint? Colorite doesn't list it.

I can usually find a color code in the online microfiche, but I can't find a magnesium beige for 2017. There's one for the hexheads, but not for 2014+. There should be a sticker with the code for the color scheme used on the bike, usually under the seat on the fender. That code should pinpoint the necessary paint.

I can usually find a color code in the online microfiche, but I can't find a magnesium beige for 2017. There's one for the hexheads, but not for 2014+. There should be a sticker with the code for the color scheme used on the bike, usually under the seat on the fender. That code should pinpoint the necessary paint.

Thanks Larry. Can't eve FIND the fender under all the OEM stuff under the seat, and no stickers. Guess I'll have to see what the dealer says. BMW of Denver is usually very helpful, one of the better dealers around. Thanks anyway.

Dealer says the color of my bike is Platinum Bronze Metallic N97. Scratcheshappen.com carries it for a reasonable price, I ordered some. Hopefully it'll match.

Dealer says the color of my bike is Platinum Bronze Metallic N97. Scratcheshappen.com carries it for a reasonable price, I ordered some. Hopefully it'll match.

Should be a good match. I've used paint from Scratcheshappen on two cars and been very satisfied. They even included a few fine brushes and detailed instructions.

FWIW, WN97 is the BMW code for the combination of colors used on your bike. The individual paint codes are A53 platin-bronze metallic, 976 dark slate metallic matte, and N37 black silk metallic.

My 2013 R1200R is magnesium beige metallic. I painted a fairing to match with N40 from ColorRite for $39.95 for a singe aerosol can. I cleared it with SprayMax 2K 368 0061. It came out great. That color might work for you.

Doug

Got the platinum beige metallic yesterday and used it today. A good match, easy water based cleanup, and reasonably priced for color plus clear coat and some application brushes at $20 plus $3.50 first class shipping. I'm happy, scratcheshappen.com is a keeper as long as you know your color name, since they do not reference BMW color codes. And you can't tell from the photos as many colors are similar to each other. The dealer helped me on that, figured it out from my VIN.

Back