• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R75/5 and a 'Uni-Go' trailer

Boxerkuh said:
SlashFiveTourer: I think you have done your research. I think it is time to go out and get the trailer and have some adventures. If it does not work out behind your /5 you still have the option of selling the trailer or changing it to a different bike for trailing.

Like Rich said: What are you waiting for??? :dance
Well. . . actually, you see. . . it's like this. . .uhh. . .$ - $ - $ - $ ~ :D :D

I will now try to convince my wife of several decades that I do need the trailer for the sake of road safety. I don't know how much of a snow job I can give her though. Back in '95, I told her I needed to buy a new BMW to upgrade my riding skills with a more modern machine. All I got was 'The Look' - you know, 'The Look.' (husbands around the world are well-acquainted with 'The Look' - and the futility of the moment. ) Accompanying 'The Look' on that occasion was the comment:- "You've already got one motorcycle, you don't need another one to clutter up the garage!"

". . . another. . . one. . . to. . . clutter. . . up. . . the. . . garage!" ` :cry

The Horror - The Horror

Posters n'stuff

tourunigo said:
:type ... we have a showing at a local M/C trade mid March and are going to make your 'poster' into a real poster for display. So, obviously we appreciated your work. . . If you have any Uni-go questions at all please do contact us. -Bob
Hmmm. . . "my poster" into a real poster, eh? For display. . . at a trade show. . . where did I see that other thread about 'copyright infringement' and 'property rights' being exploited. . . MOA will have to get the legal staff to carefully analyze this, Robert. HTW may want to look into this as well. . . ` :deal `
(Just kidding, just kidding!!)

If the "poster" initiates sales at the trade show, do I get a discount when I buy?
See ya' ` :wave

SlashFiveTourer said:
Hmmm. . . "my poster" into a real poster, eh? For display. . . at a trade show. . . where did I see that other thread about 'copyright infringement' and 'property rights' being exploited. . . MOA will have to get the legal staff to carefully analyze this, Robert. HTW may want to look into this as well. . . ` :deal `
(Just kidding, just kidding!!)

If the "poster" initiates sales at the trade show, do I get a discount when I buy?
See ya' ` :wave

...ok, here's the deal. If your poster clearly generates a sale then yes we will look at a discount (now don't go thinking big here!) but we can talk. I will contact you if this causal relationship goes down at the show. I like your phrase "when I buy" rather that 'if'. Additionally, we are looking at the relationship between 'casual marketer' (ie talking up the trailer, giving info etc) and subsequent sales due to that informal marketing. This should mean some sort of remuneration to the 'marketer'. Still in the planning stage right now but you have anticipated the concept.

Now, call off the lawyers. :deal ps I know Dick C. -Bob

I'll drink to that!

tourunigo said:
...ok, here's the deal. If your poster clearly generates a sale then yes we will look at a discount (now don't go thinking big here!) but we can talk... I like your phrase "when I buy" rather that 'if'... This should mean some sort of remuneration to the 'marketer'... you have anticipated the concept. -Bob
`

Back