• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RS Horn Recommendations

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
As the title says, I'm looking for a louder plug-and-play replacement horn. I'd like to mount it in the stock position and am not particularly interested in doing any rewiring.

So what suggestions do we have, folks?

As the title says, I'm looking for a louder plug-and-play replacement horn. I'd like to mount it in the stock position and am not particularly interested in doing any rewiring.

So what suggestions do we have, folks?

Horn:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-mini-horn?sku_id=1079940

Wiring adapter:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-wiring-adapter-bmw?sku_id=1165927

Doesn’t get much more plug and play than that. This is the horn BMW should have included as OEM, IMHO.

best,
DeVern

Doesn’t get much more plug and play than that. This is the horn BMW should have included as OEM, IMHO.

Beautiful. Thank you, sir. Hope to see you at the Rally in Redmond, OR so I can repay you for the knowledge you have provided over the years.

Repayment currency is as follows and comes in mugs..... :beer

No payment needed or allowed, just like to help when I can. See you in Redmond! :thumb:beer:)

Best,
DeVern

Someone mentioned the newer RTs have gone back to dual horns.

Lee that is correct. My 02R1150RT had the same set up but my 14R1200RT had the small pancake it sucked (I replaced with an air horn). My 22R1250RT is setup as Jono says

Last edited:
Lot os people have used the BMW 5 Series car horn as a replacement. I haven't yet but plan to. It's cheap and plug and play.

Back