• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1150gs this fell out from fuel tank. What is it?

gags

Hi, I’m replacing fuel pump and filter in a new to me 2000 r1150gs. When pouring out the old gas from the tank this fell out, obviously being loose inside the tank. Anyone knows what it is and where does it belong?BD435C7E-EE8A-430F-853E-A31A0632484F.jpeg the sharpie obviously there for scale..

My wild assed guess is that its an accessory insert which purportedly would absorb water or prevent other bad stuff from happening to your gas. Don't know if they worked or not.

What did I win? :D

Possibly part of a specific gravity tester or fuel sampling device?

Now that it’s on the bench I think it’s a leverite, as in leverite there.
;)

Best,
DeVern

Thanks! Now I need to resist the temptation to put the ”Fitch Fuel Catalyst” back in.. ;)

I went to the Fitch site and read some reviews. One had a dyno run which peaked at 4,900rpm. And all the reviews seemed to be at least 20+ years old. But all of them attested to the effectiveness of the product. :scratch

I tried this on my car for a while...halves of magnet that sandwiched the incoming fuel. No discernible difference...except to my wallet!
View attachment 87347

Attachments

• FuelMaster.jpg
    FuelMaster.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 198
Too funny OM, unfortunately I went for the ad to be a motorcycle mechanic... I still am, but I need advice from this forum:dance

I went to the Fitch site and read some reviews. One had a dyno run which peaked at 4,900rpm. And all the reviews seemed to be at least 20+ years old. But all of them attested to the effectiveness of the product. :scratch

If you were trying to sell this sh*t, would you put up testimonials which said it DIDN'T work? :)

Well.....I didn't see any reference to "aircraft spec" aluminum or space age materials so how good could it be? :D

You left out “laser”, since every hawked or telemarketed sucker bait has to include “laser” somewhere in the pitch. :)

Best,
DeVern

Back