• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

pure-gas.org needs your favorite station!

Now a price database, that would be something far more usefull IMHO.

RM

Sorry, Rocketman, that's not at all the goal of the site. And even though you may not have found it useful, I've been getting emails and comments on the site quite regularly from folks that have found it very useful. And it's growing by 10-20 stations a day, so I'm pretty happy with it. Happy riding!

Sorry, Rocketman, that's not at all the goal of the site. And even though you may not have found it useful, I've been getting emails and comments on the site quite regularly from folks that have found it very useful. And it's growing by 10-20 stations a day, so I'm pretty happy with it. Happy riding!

I understand that is not the goal nor did I ever imply it was, just saying that would be more useful for a much greater audience. I also know it would be a full time job for quite a few folks to maintain it and keep it up to date for a nationwide effort so can't see that ever happening.

RM

pure-gas.org now has Google map of stations

I've added a Google map that shows all of the posted ethanol-free stations to pure-gas.org. Just keep in mind that most of the GPS locations are automatically generated from an address lookup, and may be inaccurate if the address is inaccurate or if the lookup isn't accurate. But, generally, it's pretty handy!

You can also download the KML file that is used to populate the map as well as the POI file that has been offered since the beginning. You can load the KML file into Google Earth and other apps.

We're up to 1258 stations and growing fast!

Nothing within 100 miles of Houston, TX, the oil capital of the world. Phft. What is that about?

Pure Gas stations on way to RA rally

I took a look at pure-gas.org, and see that there is a BP on the corner of Bridge and Cedar in Chippewa Falls that (supposedly) sells pure premium, probably 91 octane, although the listing says 92.

You can see stations along the way that sell pure gas on a Google Map here:

http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

And you can print out a list of Wisconsin stations that sell pure gas here:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WI

The map and station list are updated live (nearly live for the map) as folks post new entries or remove those that no longer sell pure gas.

I'm particularly excited about the fact that a lot of Wisconsin Citgo stations are back to selling pure 93 octane gas, which my K75 really likes. I can actually hear and feel the difference between 91 and 93, although it's pretty subtle. But put 87 octane in it and it complains mightily. But the main thing is that you can't run E10 in an old K because of the rubber fuel system components. You wind up with black sludge, as Paul Glaves has demonstrated so well in his "Benchwrenching" column.

With so much 'junk' in the fuel today, I'm happy my old Airhead came to me dual plugged. Could just be in my mind, but I think that helps.

Thanks for putting up the site.

Here in the greater Atlanta (read: Nascar minded haven), I've seen 100 octane fuel up near Road Atlanta at a QT gas station. The thing most notable to my eye was the price per gallon! It wasn't labeled as anything special...just sort of casually on the same pump with its own nozzle. (took this picture in October 2009).

Attachments

• 100octane.jpg
    100octane.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 73
With so much 'junk' in the fuel today, I'm happy my old Airhead came to me dual plugged. Could just be in my mind, but I think that helps.

Thanks for putting up the site.

Here in the greater Atlanta (read: Nascar minded haven), I've seen 100 octane fuel up near Road Atlanta at a QT gas station. The thing most notable to my eye was the price per gallon! It wasn't labeled as anything special...just sort of casually on the same pump with its own nozzle. (took this picture in October 2009).

Hey, it's come down. Last month in Charlotte, 100 octane was 7.99 per gallon.

My 1150R(and my mowers and chainsaws and trimmer and blower and cultivator sawmill and Mule and Cadillac and Tundra) runs great on 10% & the same on Mexico's Magna w/o ethanol making my objective to get fuel when I need it,fresh & @ the best price. Too bad the politicos(meaning all brands of politicos!), that seem to relish "talking about" the fuel price injustice & like to blame the speculators, cannot recognize the ridiculousness of having the price vary by 10-30+ cents per gallon within the same geographic area. I have also noticed that on Fridays or at going home time it seems to be even more volatile, what with the price jockeying being minute to minute! This meaning that the formula isn't the cause, but rather simply gouging or trying for the gigs & junk food market.
My point is, that if someone put the same effort into "price"( I've seen Gasbuddy.com but not used to the purpose of showing a gouge) as into "pure" , maybe it would become less of a gouge on my fixed income, which is where the gas issue matters for me.:scratch Now, back to the pure gas theme...:thumb

I took a look at pure-gas.org, and see that there is a BP on the corner of Bridge and Cedar in Chippewa Falls that (supposedly) sells pure premium, probably 91 octane, although the listing says 92.

You can see stations along the way that sell pure gas on a Google Map here:

http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html

And you can print out a list of Wisconsin stations that sell pure gas here:

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=WI

The map and station list are updated live (nearly live for the map) as folks post new entries or remove those that no longer sell pure gas.

I'm particularly excited about the fact that a lot of Wisconsin Citgo stations are back to selling pure 93 octane gas, which my K75 really likes. I can actually hear and feel the difference between 91 and 93, although it's pretty subtle. But put 87 octane in it and it complains mightily. But the main thing is that you can't run E10 in an old K because of the rubber fuel system components. You wind up with black sludge, as Paul Glaves has demonstrated so well in his "Benchwrenching" column.

I can testify to this because when I replaced my old fuel filter at 24k service it was filled with black goop. I blew into it in reverse flow and all the black junk came out. The only time I put E10 in now is when I'm on the road and will burn through it within the day.

Back