• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Portland Oregon Toy Run... anyone?

Midnight Rider
Saturday the 5th was the 30th annual Portland OR ABATE toy run which provides toys for the kids at the local Shriners Hospital.
The weather was dry and cold 36 when I left the house at 11:00 for the ten minute ride to the Tri-Met bus lot that served as the staging area for the diverse multitude that showed up. My guess 1500-2000 bikes, everything from a vintage Cushman with a left hand shift to the hard on my eyes Victory Vision Tour. I only saw 7 BMW's not counting the police bikes. Round trip mileage total was 26. I bailed out of the parade just before the major backup that occurs when all those bikes enter a parking structure that is suddenly filled with foul exhaust and ear splitting noise (thank you HD riders). After a fifteen minute wait the last of the bikes passed and we were able to reverse the route and head home. My wife joined me on this ride and her only complaint was about the smokers and the effect it had on her ability to breathe. She is recovering from Chemo and Radiation treatment for Lung Cancer (she has never smoked). It was good to have her along as it was only her third ride this year. We got home just before 2 p.m. She took a hot shower and I walked the dog. That was our last ride of 2009. If the weather cooperates we might do the Polar Bear run Jan 1 2010.
Check the photos for celebrity sightings:
Steve the Pirate from the Movie Dodge Ball
Pepe la pew
Lars and the real girl (Inflatable girl with helmet) really.

Attachments

• Pepi.jpg
    Pepi.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Steve the Pirate and his hat wearing Parrot

Attachments

• StevethePirate.jpg
    StevethePirate.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 32
Not intimidated

Cushman Scooter circa????????

Attachments

• Cushman.jpg
    Cushman.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
Sweeeet!

I would have opted for a full face helmet given the temps.

Attachments

• Comando.jpg
    Comando.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 31
DOT approved helmet?

It had a DOT sticker but........
Love the Patch on the back of his jacket.

Attachments

• Samurai.jpg
    Samurai.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 33
Back