• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pingel, E-track trailering

MOONDOG59

Making a 5 hour trip to N. Georgia and strapped two bikes on a trailer with e-tracks and d-rings in the e-track. Friend came to pick me up with strapped down bikes. With in 10 minutes, two d-rings had popped out of the e-track and the bikes were loose. We resecured bikes to trailer side rails. I wonder if anyone else has had issue with tie down devices used in the e-track? I wonder if the angle of the strapping had anything to do with the d-rings coming loose.

If the E-Track is floor mounted, dirt buildup can prevent a full latching of the device to the ET.
Always a good to check bikes shortly after beginning a trip and at least every stop.
OM

I have an old beat up hailed damaged 20 year old 6X12 cargo trailer with the e-track and have never had an issue with the locking rings coming loose. That thing has been borrowed out and towed all over the country moving moving just about anything that will fit in it so it has been used a lot. I love the e-track, the range of tie-down points makes it perfect for strapping down anything. I don't think the angle of the straps matters, the rings lock in pretty securely. I don't know why yours came loose. :scratch

I use a condor chock on the front wheel, and always strap down using the wheels. This lets the suspension do what it wants and never loosens a strap. A d-ring will loosen if it gets unloaded on a compression bump.

Back