• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Parts Sources for 1971 R50/5

exgman

In my role as "Consumer Liaison," I heard from a non-member in Canada this morning who was referred to me by the BMW MOA office. He's in the process of restoring a 1971 R50/5 and is looking for a couple of parts, that is a headlight and footpegs. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who might have suggestions about sources for these parts so that I could pass along the information to him. I did look at the MAX BMW parts fiche and passed that information along to him. I'm sure there are other sources of which other members will know.

Thank you -

JG

I am currently getting prepared to bring an R50/5 back to life as well. EME (Euro MotoElectrics) in Colorado and Boxer2Valve in Hendersonville SC are 2 great places to start as well as Ebay. I sourced 2 pristine cylinders and pistons from Great Britain on Ebay.

My thanks to all respondents. I've passed along the information to the fellow from Canada. He did advise me that he's worked on older British bikes for years, but the BMW world is new to him.

Back