• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NYC to Lima.. ideas?

jshuck

any thoughts on a neat route to Lima. Actually we are going out a week early for Vintage Mid-Ohio, but any interesting East to West routes thru Penn would be nice. Thanks John Shuck Ironbutt #31, 02 GS

Zigf & Zag

.......... well jay i been thinkin the way to go from Bawhstin is:
A. avoid all slab. B. Ride west to Binghamton C. drop down thru
PA & MD to Front Royal. D. Skyline & BRP it to Deals Gap.
E. Zig NE to Hazard KY & Huntigton WVA. F. Cross into OhHiah and
Zag NW on up to Lima & look for The Beans. It' gonna be lotsa
miles & smiles from the Hub of the Universe to the Hub of Allen County.
Ride to Eat & Eat to Ride. Hope them MOA MuckyMucks are cookin
up some bacon & some beans. the GraWun dreamin again.

I, too, am planning to go to mid-Ohio the week before. I went to State College PA last year to buy my R27, and the 2 lanes in the mountains(?) can be difficult. If you get stuck behind a truck or other slow moving vehicle, the passing can be troublesome. They tend to acquire long lines of traffic behind them. If you have plenty of travel time, central and western PA is mighty nice country. If you need to "get there", take the slab. Maybe a combination of the two.

from NJ ...

For Day#1, I'm ambitiously thinking of I-78w to PA61n, then PA42n, then PA44nw, then US220w, then PA150w, then PA120w, the US219s, then US 119sw down to Morgantown. A full day's riding.

That'll set the stage for day #2 into & through Ohio.

NYC to Lima

If you have the time to avoid the slab, I'd run across PA on Rt 6. This is the northern route and will run you through some very nice scenery. Allegheny National Forest is in the NW corner of the state and would be an easy ride to Lima from there. As would staying the night in Erie at Presque Isle state park right on the beach...

RW

I agree with Gambrinus,RT 6 is a nice road and you should be taking your time through Pa. as there is much to see.In eastern Ohio the route choice gets blurry due to the towns and cities.Any route through Amish country and the Mohican area should be considered.

suggested route

I'd go by way of Monterey and Big Sur, but that's just my favorite route to anywhere...

NYC to Lima

thanks for the routes. We are planning a few side trips others may consider
1. Rock and Roll all of Fame in Cleveland.
2. Frank Lloyd Wright house Fallingwater in Western Pa
3. Deal's Gap, of course
4. Wright Patterson Air Force Museum
5. Indy 500 Museum
6. Horse Park in Lexington, KY
7. Auburn Cord Museum in Auburn, Ind.
8. Cross the Ohio at Madison, Ind, my home town and site of a BMWMOA rally back in the 80's.

Back