• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nice Spring Ride

jhall

BMWMOA #24809
Today I zeroed the trip log on the GPS before pulling out of the garage at 8AM. Upon return around 6PM, the Airhead had rolled 425 miles. I rode north about 190 miles to an RTE (Ride To Eat) meeting with some friends from the GoldWing world. After fellowshipping an hour and a half it was time to head south to Kentucky. I took a meandering route home, so racked up a few extra miles.

Average was 39 MPG at road speeds, mostly interstate. The weather was perfect, about 50 this morning, and a high of 67 this afternoon. Coulda used a bit more sun though. Liking the Airhead more every time I ride it, and looking forward to even better times to come. Several trips planned for the summer, north south east and west. Let the good times roll !

This is the only time of year I wish I lived elsewhere. The paved roads are clear, but I'm still generating emotional heat at the 300 yards of ice in the driveway between my garage and the pavement. Soon!

Pete

Snow Piles Still Around

This is the only time of year I wish I lived elsewhere. The paved roads are clear, but I'm still generating emotional heat at the 300 yards of ice in the driveway between my garage and the pavement. Soon!

Pete

Pulling out of the lake shore parking lot, where we took our to-go lunches to eat yesterday in Wilmington Ohio, there was still a huge pile of snow in the corner. Snow plows pile the stuff pretty high in winter, so it takes awhile for it to all melt, kinda like the Rockies, I suppose. I shoveled the last of the snow and ice from out driveway here in Kentucky a couple of weeks ago, once temps came up to about 40. That much snow and ice was unusual here, and we only see that much about every 4-5 years. At any rate, hopefully we've all seen the last of new snow and ice for this year, so we can all get our rides on.

Vermont is a beautiful state to ride through. My old friend from Syracuse NY and I rode through there maybe 10 years ago, still talk about it and still saying we need to do it again before we get too old. LOL

Back