• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Southern NH R1200RT Rider

nhhandyman

Southern NH
I've been joining a few forums over the past week or so... I'll cut/paste my intro from one of them:

Bought a 2016 R1200RT from Second Wind BMW (now National Powersports and no longer a BMW dealer) of Merrimack, NH in mid December.

Its Ebony Metallic with keyless start, traction control, hill assist, shift assist (what ever they call those fancy things).

There are a lot of things to get familiar with on this bike, never-mind just the added power I'll have.

My wife and I went in to look at a 2006 they had on sale, and ended up with a brand new 2016. Oh ya, SENA headsets between the helmets.

Prior to this bike I had put close to 50,000 miles between 2001 and 2013 on a BMW R1200C. While riding that bike I was a rather active poster on the chromeheads forum tracking down a few electrical issues and even solving a 'Y2010' bug in their forum software (I'm a software engineer by trade). There are a fair number of RT forums out there.

Before 2001 I spent two or three seasons on an Yamaha Virago 750 which after a spill and insurance payout, I upgraded to the BMW and never looked back.

I'll be on the bike as much as possible to work, to where ever I can and my wife and I hope to be taking some weekend trips around Southern NH/ME/MA/VT. I also ride as long as possible into the fall/winter and with the heated grips/seat I expect that will be extended a bit longer with the RT.

I've been trying to digest the options I have for storage, highway pegs, aux lighting all things I'm 90% sure I'm going to want to add to this bike. I'm also finding lots of forums that cover the RT so I guess I'm glad I picked it up in the winter so I can do all my catching up while sitting at a desk.

Brian

Hey Brian! Welcome here too.

I rode a Virago 1100 for about 10 years before getting my C in 2002.

Don't forget your Chromehead roots.

Hey Brian! Welcome here too.

I rode a Virago 1100 for about 10 years before getting my C in 2002.

Don't forget your Chromehead roots.

I'm just branching out - won't forget the Chromheads - last week I took a look at all the posts I had there... It must have been a slow time at the office.

Back