• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

new member, K1200RS

rileous

My name is John (user name rileous). I have been riding for 45 years, starting on BMWs 30 years ago. I wish I had heard of MOA way back then when I rode my 73
R75/5 100K+miles in 4 years mostly back and forth to work. I also wish we'd had today's modern cell phones as I would have posted several selfies of me brushing the snow off of the Windjammer windshield. My next beemer was another airhead, 91 R100RT. I crashed that one badly and while recovering bought my current bike
with the insurance money. I just missed 12K miles last year including a trip to Florida to see an old Army buddy. I was blessed to find this bike for the price as it has over $7K in performance parts installed by previous owners; Ohlins suspension, chip in computer, Aeroflo winshield, etc. more later

Welcome to the forum! I also wish I knew about the MOA and the larger community so many years ago. But we tend to get there sooner or later...glad to have you here!! When you can get a chance, post a picture of your beauty.

My name is John (user name rileous). I have been riding for 45 years, starting on BMWs 30 years ago. I wish I had heard of MOA way back then when I rode my 73
R75/5 100K+miles in 4 years mostly back and forth to work. I also wish we'd had today's modern cell phones as I would have posted several selfies of me brushing the snow off of the Windjammer windshield. My next beemer was another airhead, 91 R100RT. I crashed that one badly and while recovering bought my current bike
with the insurance money. I just missed 12K miles last year including a trip to Florida to see an old Army buddy. I was blessed to find this bike for the price as it has over $7K in performance parts installed by previous owners; Ohlins suspension, chip in computer, Aeroflo winshield, etc. more later

Sounds like you and I started in riding BMW's very similarly. My first as a new R60/5 which got wrecked within the first few months and was replaced by a new '72 R75/5 which I still have. Had a lot of other BMW's along the way, several of this have stayed in the garage, including a 2003 K1200RS. For where and how I ride it's the devil's own machine and I love it - I hope you like yours even half as much. :dance What brought you over the Dark Side?

Welcome Aboard!

John,

Welcome to the club and the forum - we've been waiting for you (for over 30 years)! Now we can start this party.

Tell us a little more about yourself like where you hang your helmet.

Post a pic when you get a chance.

Thanks for being a member!

Hello John,

Switched to a '73 R75/5 blue toaster tank in 1974 and have never looked back. Still have a K12RS with 157K! Enjoy your ride and Thanks for Being a Member!

Back