• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from n/w suburbs chicagoland

parked2long

Former member long time ago back when I had a 1985 K100rs, Sold it 10 years ago.
I just acquired a stable of R-bikes that has been parked WAY to long!
The one parked the longest hasn't moved since long before 1997 (97 was the first time I saw the bike and it was covered in dust back then) and has not moved even an inch.

Its a 1968 r60/2 with a Steib s350 sidecar, Unfortunaly the tub is rusted, missing a few parts improperly stored. BUT COOL AS HELL :dunno
That is the 2nd or 3rd coolest bike
There is a R27 too :dance

I have very limited Airhead knowledge. I will have a bunch of questions, probably some stupid :blush

I also have/ride a 99 k1200LT ;)

Welcome from central Florida. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Enjoy getting to know your new additions.

Welcome. If you have not already, you might want to join the Chicago Region BMW Owners Association, the local MOA Club. We have lots of members familiar with airhead bikes and our CHITECH members have a Tech Manual for airhead bikes that are purchased by riders from all over the country. We are having a Tech Day on April 29 out near Elgin where we will go over various bike repair topics and have hands on assistance for members.

Lots of events - day rides, multiple day rides, meetings, seminars, guest speakers, weekly Hot Dog rides and monthly breakfast rides and more.

We have a Hot Dog Ride tonight in Naperville @6:30pm.

https://www.crbmw.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/crbmw

Drop me a note if you need more info.

Welcome back from Newfoundland. Have you joined the Airheads Beemer Club yet? Definitely worth joining for the mass knowledge stored in the minds of the membership.

Welcome back Chicago from the Tennessee River valley!

Good luck bringing your “barn finds” back to operational status. :thumb

You can meet some members by posting your pix and questions relating to each BMW model:
https://forums.bmwmoa.org/forumdisplay.php?13-Airheads

Happy Touring on your Lite Truck!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Welcome back parked2long! Sounds like you have some fun times in front of you. A pic or two along the way is always appreciated.

Back