• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Canton, OH

elautzenheiser

Hi everyone! :wave
I've been a member for a few months, been reading alot on the Forum and decided it's time to create a Profile and become a part of this fine group of enthusiasts.

I've learned alot from all of you over the last few months and plan to join in and perhaps help others through my experiences.

My first exposure to BMW motorcycles was through a relative who bought a new white R75/5 and I've seen it sitting in his garage over the years as I was growing up. He still has it, something like 14k miles and in excellent condition. Maybe he'll sell it to me some day! :brad

My motorcycle riding began with a neighbor's Honda 50 (lime green) and Trail 70, then my Yamaha 250 Enduro and then a Honda CB450 during college. I gave up bikes for many years until I bought a Vespa 300GT after renting a scooter in Ft. Lauderdale a couple years ago. Intent was something relatively small but with some power to tool around on the back roads here in rural OH. I didn't have it very long until I acquired a Burgman 650 which was a fine machine except that my aspirations grew to something larger (I'm sure you can relate...). I then acquired a 2011 R1200RT with 22k miles on it after alot of research and patience to find the right bike (I have).

A friend and I rode to the MOA event at Fontana Lodge and we're looking forward to many more events. He recently "joined the Club" by acquiring an RT also!

- Eric

Eric -

Welcome to the MOA and the forum! Nice bike the RT...maybe you can keep part of the garage warm for the R75/5 one day!! :dance

Hey... I'm originally from Canton, OH. Was just there this week actually. Make sure and check out everyone at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia. Great people, great service by Jamie and very fair prices.

Hey... I'm originally from Canton, OH. Was just there this week actually. Make sure and check out everyone at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia. Great people, great service by Jamie and very fair prices.

Fully agree with the above....I have been a customer for nearly 20 years.

Welcome to the MOA and the forum.

Mathias

Thanks guys! Yes, I've been there a few times and Jamie installed PR3's for me early last season. Gene also handled a warranty replacement of my pillion heated seat that was defective. Plan on having them do all repairs I don't want to tackle myself.

Welcome aboard!

Eric,

Welcome and thanks for being a member.

You've picked a great bike and I'm sure it will give you miles and miles of smiles.

This is a great place to have your questions answered.

Back