• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Glarus 2015

No real plans for Saturday dinner yet, although there is the pizza place right behind the Chalet that also has craft beers available.

Sounds like you may have a couple extras for Pizza.. :eat

Randy ... Tom and I will join the group for Friday night dinner. I'll try to get out of work a little early, so we are there before 7 PM.

Just a few more days until the annual gathering. There have been a couple cancellations, and some additions, but as close as I can determine, there will be ~30 folks in attendance. Friday evening will be dinner at the Hotel New Glarus, with polka dancing for those so inclined. After dinner is up to individuals, as there are places to investigate/infiltrate. Please, as you would do at a rally, bring stuff to share around the "campfire", to go with stories and good times. For those so inclined, bring your swimsuits for use in the pool and hot tub.

Saturday evening we'll probably adjourn to the pizza place behind the Chalet, where they have great pizza (even gluten-free), and craft beers not just from Wisconsin.

It appears the weather will be somewhat mild, with no sub-zero temps or snowstorms predicted. Please drive carefully on your way. Looking forward to seeing everybody when they arrive!

Not to hijack TOO MUCH but . . . .
The Braunschweiger (home made) and Limburger (home made) with red onion and spicy brown mustard on rye @ Baumgartners in Monroe.
Really good.
:wave

You all have a good time for me.

Tom and I decided that we are going to head down to Monroe to try the Limburger sandwiches here. Something different for us this year! :) Apparently there is an old Gun Shop right across the street from here, which will be a great side visit while we're there. And Monroe has breweries too. I might need to do some research. :) Win-Win

https://baumgartnercheese.com/

Martin's Sporting Goods.. Don is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.. Shop has been there for decades.. Don will be closed at 3pm.

There's also a gun shop north of town on the way back (or into) Monroe on County DR. I haven't been there in a long time so I can't verify what you'll find.

And Monroe has breweries too.

Dang, sandwich jonesing.
Yup, the old Augsburger brewery, iirc. Remember Hans Kessler?
Get you some for me.
Love the town square and the courthouse. Nice little town.

Dang, sandwich jonesing.
Yup, the old Augsburger brewery, iirc. Remember Hans Kessler?
Get you some for me.
Love the town square and the courthouse. Nice little town.

Huber Brewing sold the Augsburger line to Strohs, which sold it to Point Brewing in Stevens Point, WI about 15-20 years ago, and then teamed up with the Bergoff Motel in Chicago and came out with the Bergoff line, which was pretty good stuff..
Then Huber sold it to a Canadian Company by the name of Minhas out of Calgary and they've done a nice job of sticking money and expanding the product line to include liquors..

http://minhasbrewery.com/

They do a really great tour of both sides, but the tours aren't free but they have a lot of sampling and they send you out the door with trinkets and booze/beer..

Baumgartners https://baumgartnercheese.com/ has done a really great job of becoming a huge attraction yet still staying small town.. Tapped beers are still sold at reasonable prices that are standards for generic Wisconsin taverns, not gourmet prices, and they always have a huge amount of servers who keep glasses full and tables cleared of anything left over from your sandwiches or chili.. They don't have a grill for burgers but have brats and other excellent bar food.. And of course there's the limburger sandwiches.. I don't stop in without having one, but I grew up on stinky cheese..

Speaking of which..

http://www.history.com/shows/only-in-america-with-larry-the-cable-guy/videos/cheesehead-charity

A fun time - a crummy drive home though

Snow packed and slippery ... but we made it home without incident. Of course, the driveway was drifted over, but hey - - after a fun weekend, it's all good.
Fun seeing everyone. I hope you all made it home safe and sound.

NewGlarusRoads.jpg

Made it home...

Susan and I made it home without incident, but the roads were nasty.

It was a wonderful weekend with friends, old and new. :)

Gene

Back