• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New, but old

ts888

Hi all,

New to the MOA, but not new to BMW's or bikes. Not sure why I waited so long to join, the insurance alone makes it worthwhile.

I've got 2 bikes, a 2003 R1150GSA and a 2003 K1200GT. Oddly, my cage is a 2003 as well. Pure randomness, I didn't choose any of them based on model year. I used to have a K100, it succumbed to a combination of a tired rider and an inattentive driver. Nothing injured but my pride and my wallet.

I used to have a bit of a car habit back when I was on the corporate management teat, and married. Wife did not like bikes (or dogs). A bunch of BMW's from the 60's, 70's and early 80's. Now I have an ex-wife, one car, two bikes and a dog. All together better setup.

So Willkommen, TS, after all these decades!

We all love our BMWs here on the Forum, some more than others. We're out on a wee X-country ADVenture just now...

Glad you found the MOA a good place to meet fellow BMW riders. Of course, U have to put forth the effort to ride in familiar groups or out to MOA events. We greatly enjoyed the Doswell VA Rally. We immediately reserved our reduced camping admission for the 51st rally in Oregon in June. As such, we’re currently getting our Kicks on Rt-66.

Make use of the Paul-B scholarship stipend if need be. Doesn’t hurt to be refreshed now and again. :thumb
<<< https://bmwmoaf.org/rider-training/paul-b-grants/ >>>

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d

'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Hi all,

New to the MOA, but not new to BMW's or bikes. Not sure why I waited so long to join, the insurance alone makes it worthwhile.

I've got 2 bikes, a 2003 R1150GSA and a 2003 K1200GT. Oddly, my cage is a 2003 as well. Pure randomness, I didn't choose any of them based on model year. I used to have a K100, it succumbed to a combination of a tired rider and an inattentive driver. Nothing injured but my pride and my wallet.

I used to have a bit of a car habit back when I was on the corporate management teat, and married. Wife did not like bikes (or dogs). A bunch of BMW's from the 60's, 70's and early 80's. Now I have an ex-wife, one car, two bikes and a dog. All together better setup.

Welcome, and from your tail of bikes and cars, about time. ;) 2003 was a good year, I know because my K1200RS is a 2003 and is still going strong - very strong. Again welcome to the club and the family.

Welcome, Tony! Both of my vehicles are 2004, also a good year, and I get to play with all my neighbors' dogs!:dog (Maybe it's the way I smell? :D )

Yes, thanks for the photos - everyone here loves "baby" pictures. :thumb I see from the cars peaking out in the corners of your pictures that you must have a thing for German vehicles even with 4-wheels.

Yes, thanks for the photos - everyone here loves "baby" pictures. :thumb I see from the cars peaking out in the corners of your pictures that you must have a thing for German vehicles even with 4-wheels.

The 2002 belongs to a friend. The dented TDI is my cage. I ended my obsession with 4 wheeled BMW's when I sold my 1970 2800CS. That's been gone 15 years.

Back