• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need Advice for Ording Boots Online

88bmwjeff

SF Bay Area
Up to now, I've been able to find boots at local stores/dealers. However, I'm unable to find the boots in stock any place locally. There are two or three boots I'm looking at to get, but I'm the type of person who'd like to try them on first. For those who do order boots online, how do you go about trying on different boots and sizes without ordering about half dozen boots?

I’ve bought boots from my BMW dealer when they didn’t have my size in stock (I am sometimes off the upper end of the Euro sizing charts), under the arrangement that like all special order items they were paid for in advance, and would be exchanged until we got the fit right. I’ve also purchased boots through Revzilla but lucked out and hit the sizing correctly on the first try- but they did have a return/refit policy that covered at least the first swap for sizing issues. I usually make my style/use/function decisions before getting down to sizing and always prefer the local dealer when it comes to riding gear.

Best,
DeVern

If they use Euro sizing, the footbed itself will be very very close to the same throughout different well-known brands. Online research of customer reviews can also help determine if they fit "to size" or are over/under, and how the width plays out.

Most retailers allow returns/exchanges, although shipping is not always included in that. This can be mitigated by using a retailer (like CycleGear) that has local stores, where you can return in person.

If you know the specific boot you want, it shouldn't take more than one exchange to get the right size if you already know your euro size, and that should also be enough to know if the boot is the right boot for you.

The only boots I can speak to that I've ordered sight unseen are Daytona Roadstar GTX boots, the size was exact to specification right down to my slightly oversized right foot. With summer socks the boots fit fine, with wool slightly tight. They are now with 600 miles on them starting to break in very well and will fit exact soon. Good luck with your search.

A couple of companies in Ontario and Quebec that I have bought helmets and boots from online when the product was not available locally, included return shipping labels which included paid shipping. I had no issues returning items for a different size. I would order from companies that include this accommodation.

I have had pretty good luck emailing customer service at some of the more well known online retailers and asking their opinion. Usually something like "I have a pair of A* Toucans in 44.5 and a pair of Daytonas in 44. I was looking at x and thinking maybe y size. Do you have any experience with the sizing on these boots as compared to the ones I listed above?"

You don't mention the brands/models you are interested but I recommend checking out Atomic Moto https://www.atomic-moto.com/collections/boots and if they have some you are interested call and speak with the owner Brian. He will take a lot of time with you discussing your previous boots, your riding style, and what you are looking for and how the boots. He is an avid rider and really experienced in the Moto retail industry.

He sent me two pair to try on and the free shipping, return of the runner up and refund were quick and painless. They are definitely not interested in making a quick sale but insidiously spend their time and energy trying to earn your trust and respect by making sure you are satisfied you have gotten the best product for your needs at a competitive price.

Sneaky SOBs. Then you end up writing posts like this one.

You don't mention the brands/models you are interested but I recommend checking out Atomic Moto https://www.atomic-moto.com/collections/boots and if they have some you are interested call and speak with the owner Brian. He will take a lot of time with you discussing your previous boots, your riding style, and what you are looking for and how the boots. He is an avid rider and really experienced in the Moto retail industry.

He sent me two pair to try on and the free shipping, return of the runner up and refund were quick and painless. They are definitely not interested in making a quick sale but insidiously spend their time and energy trying to earn your trust and respect by making sure you are satisfied you have gotten the best product for your needs at a competitive price.

Sneaky SOBs. Then you end up writing posts like this one.
I will reach out to him. FYI, my two top choices are (but, I have other options):

Forma Terra Evo Dry
Gaerne G-Adventure Aquatech

Up to now, I've been able to find boots at local stores/dealers. However, I'm unable to find the boots in stock any place locally. There are two or three boots I'm looking at to get, but I'm the type of person who'd like to try them on first. For those who do order boots online, how do you go about trying on different boots and sizes without ordering about half dozen boots?

If you order through cycle gear or revzilla they have pretty easy return policies on gear and sizing.

Back