• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fit of Alpinestars boots

The_Veg

D'OH!
I'm one of those people with sorta odd feet, narrow overall but I need a little room in the toes, and I go through hell trying to find footwear (motorcycling or otherwise) that feels right. Today I tried-on a pair of Alpinestars at a local retailer and liked the fit overall but I'm not sure that that particular model is right for me but was the closest thing they had in stock. Do any of you have enough familiarity with the brand to comment on the consistency of the fit, as in if this pair fit me well, should I expect a comparable fit from a different sub-model of the same overall style? As in, SMX6 V2 Vented vs SMX6 V2 Drystar, SMX6 V2 Gore Tex etc. Or are different models consistent in fit in the same size? I ask because I'm so particular about fit that ordering footwear gives me the screamin' heebie-jeebies, and these aren't the cheepest boots around. To put that in context, I wore that pair in the store today for so long evaluating how they felt that I'm surprised that they didn't make me buy them.

In my experience most footwear providers use the same lasts. First thought for me is ski boots, kind of like helmets-you need to find what fits your foot. Same thing for Keen as I have had many.

As for Alpinestars I can only comment on my Tech 7's that fit my feet ok but I liken it to a ski boot with how stiff they are built. Sorry can't comment to other styles from them as Ive never tried them.

The only thing I can suggest is you find a way to try them on first to be sure.

I just received my new Alpinestara V2 Dystar boots. Foot compartment fits as tight as expected, but the zippers were a pain in the a** to get zipped.Very tight. This may be because my legs swell during the day (edema). I'll try them again tomorrow before my legs swell again.

When I was racing bicycles, I found the Alpinesatars accommodated my feet, but not my calves.

I also carry wider feet and have found the the TCX boots use a more natural foot shape with a wider toe box. I picked up a pair of their road racing boots about 7 y ago and find them comfortable for 16-h days.

I understand they made some of the BMW touring boots in years past.

That said, I can't vouch for some of their newer and hipper stuff, which use different lasts. The website emphasizes the different models use different lasts and have different fit.

The company has been pretty good at responding to questions of this sort.

I find Sidi and the Star's run small and narrow for me, 6' 185. glove and boots best bought in person and in no rush.

Back