• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

NASCAR 2016 :burnout

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
It's getting pretty near that time again. Time to watch the crews, time to check out the latest in engineering required in a car to produce 800+ horsepower for hours- and hold together, time to see the largest spectator sport in the country.....NASCAR :burnout

daytona-speedweeks-main.jpg

Speedweek schedule is here- http://www.nascar.com/weekend-schedule.html with the beginning races starting on the 12th.

Speedweek culminates with the Daytona 500 on the 21st.

As always, it seems that there have been numerous changes to the Teams on one way or another.

It appears that the first half of the season will be telecast on Fox and the second half will be on NBC(sports).
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-cup-series/schedule.html

A printable schedule is available for the Sprint Cup here- http://www.nascar.com/content/dam/n...16/nscs_2016_printable_schedule_v6_UNedit.pdf

Of course the Truck Series and the Xfinity series can be just as entertaining.

Enjoy.

Gary

Sounds like Tony Stewarts final season got a bit derailed. Hope he heals and the back injury isn't as serious as it sounds.

It takes a few races to figure out who is where as well.

One of the interests of mine is the reported $400 million in upgrades to the facility.
Along with the demolition of the stands- done by CDI out of Maryland, is various rebuilding of the stands and the addition of elevators and escalators for easier fan access.
Kurt found some video.....

CDI is one of the worlds best at Controlled Demolition and as luck would have it, I was able to talk to one of the Loizeaux's when they were on "tour" here in Boston. After they took care of the Traveller's Building, I had a short but very interesting conversation :)

Hoping Sunday's race will be as interesting.

OM

I wonder if CDI 'engineered' the last lap of the truck race?! :dunno

I like to see the technology and craftsmanship that allows a driver to walk away from some 13 rolls at around 190mph. :thumb
No doubt he is going to be sore, but he is alive.

OM

I like to see the technology and craftsmanship that allows a driver to walk away from some 13 rolls at around 190mph. :thumb
No doubt he is going to be sore, but he is alive.
OM

How he walked away and didn't just collapse from the comedown after an adrenaline overload is beyond me. Maybe he was still riding the adrenaline high when they pulled him out of the car. Wow.

I'm in. Would like to take a passenger spin some time. Even if it's only in an older car with six hundred horses. Can't really appreciated what these people do every week until you see the wall at 150 to two hundred mph.

Back