• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MPH to KPH on digital displays

WalterK75

Is it possible to change digital displays from miles to kilometres and back again? If so, does it change both speed and odometer? I know it can be done in some cars but what about bikes?

Not on any BMW I've owned but the newest is a 2007.

It is possible on most GPS units though and I use my GPS as a speedometer most of the time.

Depends on the bike. What do you have?

And if it is possible, will the speedo read the same percentage high? Only bike I ever had that had an accurate speedometer was a 1987 K75. Also had an accurate odometer. My 1992 K100RS speedo reads (sorry, read) a LOT high, but the odometer is spot on. (Stupid people like myself thought the two were connected.)

Have never wanted a GPS but perhaps should get one just to have an accurate speedo. Or maybe a bicycle speedometer. Pretty cheap and accurate when calibrated. Since my inaccurate speedo is still dead, unless I can figure out how to fix it, maybe the bicycle computer is the way to go.

I haven't tried it yet, but the GS-911 does have an option to switch the units for the on board computer. I did change my clock to read in military time successfully. Next time I hook it up I will give it a shot.

When I had my K13S, I remember this question being asked and answered, either here or on another forum. My recollection is like Nate notes, it can be done either by the Dealer, or with the GS911. Again, this would only be for the newer bikes with the multifunction digital dashes.

And if it is possible, will the speedo read the same percentage high? ...
The dash display is just a digital version of the analog speedometer. They report the same number. So if your analog speed is 2% high, your digital will be also.

Back