• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOTORREADS: Friday, 9 January 2009

mika

Still Wondering
447201965_RQuJ3-XL.jpg

motociclismo.es: PELLICER (BMW), KING OF THE DESERT.
Eighth stage, the eighth victory!

451563829_epdGS-X3.jpg

cyrilhuzeblog.com: Indian Motorcycle launches factory delivery program

thekneeslider.com: Honda CB1100F ready to go?

It is the time of year everyone looks at numbers and draws conclusions.
motorcyclenews.com: Motorcycle sales [UK] buck financial treands

Motorcycle Misadventures: Encourage motorcycle racing class for women by AFM

dealernews.com: Aprilia to take part in AMA SportBike Racing

Ducati goes from the motorcycle stone age to the future in MotoGP 2009
mtorcycledaily.com: From old school to new school

gnccracing.com: This week in GNCC
The rules are almost complete

autosport.com: Aspar want long-term Kawasaki deal

motorcyclenws.com: MotoGP blog ÔÇô MotoGP in crisis

worldsbk.com: Interview with Alstare SuzukiÔÇÖs technical director Giacomo Guidotti

German Motoball
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiL03ivxav8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wiL03ivxav8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

447201941_tWrur-XL.jpg

autobloggreen.com: First Coulomb ChargePoint stations now available in san Jose, CA

autoweek.com: Toyota to launch its own version of OnStar

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 test drive
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBOi0iFJVKw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aBOi0iFJVKw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

grandprix.com: [Thursday] FOTA meeting

autosport.com: Mosley wants to discuss KERS with teams

439065655_jXtkj-XL.jpg

BMW sticks with three WTCC teams ÔÇô ALMS drivers confirmed.
01-08-2009 Press Release

Munich, 8th January 2009. BMW is to keep faith in its tried and tested national team concept for the 2009 FIA World Touring Car Championship. Three experienced teams will run five BMW 320si WTCC cars, receiving support from the national BMW sales organisations. Andy Priaulx (GB) will once again do battle for the World Championship with BMW Team UK ÔÇô RBM, while J?Ârg M??ller (DE) and Augusto Farfus (BR) line up for BMW Team Germany ÔÇô Schnitzer Motorsport. Alessandro Zanardi (IT) will be racing with a new team-mate for BMW Team Italy-Spain ÔÇô ROAL Motorsport: Sergio Hern?índez (ES) replaces his compatriot F?®lix Porteiro (ES), who represented the colours of BMW Spain for the last two seasons.

ÔÇ£The national team concept has proved itself both from a sporting and a commercial point of view,ÔÇØ says BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen. ÔÇ£This team structure was responsible for us winning every title between 2004 and 2007. It also allows us to involve the national sales organisations at the highest level in the World Touring Car Championship. Our team includes five very ambitious drivers, who will do everything to win back the World Championship in 2009.ÔÇØ

Priaulx has been the most successful driver in recent years. He followed up his victory in the 2004 FIA European Touring Car Championship with three DriversÔÇÖ World Championship titles in a row from 2005 onward. The racing driver from the Channel Island of Guernsey (GB) has ten race victories, 34 podium finishes and 347 points to his name. Last season he was once again the best-placed BMW driver, with 81 points. M??ller is one of the most experienced drivers on the grid. Like Priaulx, the 39-year-old can boast ten victories in the World Touring Car Championship ÔÇô joining his fellow BMW driver at the top of the all-time winnersÔÇÖ list. M??ller's most successful WTCC season to date came in 2006, when he finished just one point behind World Champion Priaulx. 2009 is FarfusÔÇÖ third season for BMW Team Germany. With two victories, three pole positions and six fastest laps, the 25-year-oldÔÇÖs talent was there for all to see on many occasions last year.

Zanardi made a unique motorsport comeback with BMW Team Italy-Spain in 2004, having lost both legs in an accident in 2001. The 42-year-old celebrated the latest of his three victories in the World Touring Car Championship last season in Brno (CZ). His team-mate, Hern?índez, won the 2008 IndependentsÔÇÖ Trophy and now joins the BMW national team squad. The highlight of the 2008 season for the 25-year-old came at the WTCC rounds held in Okayama (JP), where he finished third in the second race.

The BMW Rahal Letterman Racing Team, which will run two racing versions of the BMW M3 in the 2009 American Le Mans Series (ALMS), also announced its driver line-up: Bill Auberlen (US), Joey Hand (US), Tommy Milner (US) and Dirk M??ller (DE) will fight for points and victories in the popular American category.

439062079_Uzso4-XL.jpg

autobloggreen.com: New Mazada 3 catalytic converter cuts precious metal use by 70%

technologyreview.com: New E-Paper technology speeds up

technologyreview.com: Fuel from coal-eating microbes

This belongs in the ÔÇÿOddly EnoughÔÇÖ category.
motorcyclenews.com: Thieves get to keep stolen motorcycles

<script src="http://nmp.newsgator.com/NGBuzz/buzz.ashx?buzzId=81524&apiToken=E138700B37294DFBA31F8D381F0BDC47&trkP=&trkM=1EE7D72C-FFAF-F80B-7991-6E32E1044168" type="text/javascript"></script>

WOOT.com

Bike Candy

I came across the Wilkinson pictures when I was at the VintageBike web site looking for engine pictures. The Series 3 engine caught my eye then I found the other three pictures. Google delivered the video treasure of a road test when I did a brief search on the marque. I really enjoyed the video and the peculiarities of the bike.

I am never certain what I will come across when I purposefully ÔÇÿwonderÔÇÖ about the internet. I hope you enjoy todayÔÇÖs extended batch of Bike Candy.

Via Vintagbike.co.uk

Wilkinson Series 3 Engine

451519397_2QWYE-X2.jpg

Restoration

451525512_QDFw7-XL.jpg

1910 Wilkinson

451519375_uKdLB-M.jpg

Don Hall Road tests a 1000cc 1912 Wilkinson
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6K5mX858bU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i6K5mX858bU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Finally what appears to be the same model as the video road test bike in its time.

451525488_6Bzic-XL.jpg

Comments:

Back