• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Motonation Riding Gear

VIEJO

Although I'm no where near wearing out my 30+ year old Langlitz leathers (and my one piece BMW rain suit purchased new in '76 along with my '76 R90/6..... which I never should have parted with), the Texas heat has finally got me looking for something with a bit more versatility. I am considering the Pursang Jacket and Phantom Pant from Motonation as advertised in the April issue of ON. I have virtually no first hand experience with modern riding gear other than what I see around me so I'm looking for some guidance here. The Motonation gear appears to have all the necessary bells and whistle and I like the relatively hi-viz sand color option (safe as it may be I am just not into fluorescent/neon gear) at a very reasonable price.... and, therein lies the dilemma. Coming in so far below the price point for top names such as Aerostitch, Klim, and Touratech, does the Motonation gear have any features to recommend it other than a modest price. I am well aware that you get what you pay for (and I didn't bat an eye at dropping nearly a grand years ago for the Langlitz leathers when a grand was still a grand), and the "pay me now or pay me later" voice is always whispering in my ear, but I'd like to find out if anyone has first hand info regarding this gear. I've looked at a few online reviews which are favorable, if somewhat less than ecstatic, but I give about as much value/credence to online reviews (often planted by marketers) as I do to the "comments" section in a WWF fan site.

Any and all guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Disappointed no one has reply to your question yet.
I just got my Aug issue of ON and saw motonation ad on the back page.
Caught my eye.
I have found no reviews on their products yet.

Back