• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: Wednesday, 9 April 2008

mika

Still Wondering
TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

MI1624~Happy-Birthday-Bach-Posters.jpg

Publishers note to the Morning Readers:

Mika puts the Morning Reads together the night before and reviews them in the morning before posting. Sleep sometimes brings better judgment to the Morning ReadsÔÇÖ content.

He had a very strange day. As a result TuesdayÔÇÖs work product may seem a bit weird at times but we promised him we would post it unedited. He kept muttering something about it being therapeutic.

Enjoy your morning coffee and reading.

Thank you, from the other guys that are inside MikaÔÇÖs helmet.

264417544_sQu8r-XL.jpg

womenridersnow.com
If you want to test your limits: Take it to the track

evfr.net
The electric conversion VFR gets new headlights

motorcyclenews.com
Charley Boorman confirms fan ride details

motorcyclistonline.com
The ultimate motorcycle trip is showcased as ÔÇ£Long Way DownÔÇØ premieres on Fox Reality Channel August 2

I may have to get a television so that I can support one of those rich bums with an alternative job take a ride I wish I could by watching the ads and justifying what FOX paid them for the viewing rights.

A triple from our friends at theKneeslider.com
Look Inside the combustion chamber
High School Motorcycle Projects ÔÇô Nisky Garage
Kimi Raikkonen wants to try motorcycles
(What is with Ferrari F1 champions lately?)

<object width="425" height="271"><param name="FlashVars" value="requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=5mOuuh1"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/player.swf?requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=5mOuuh1" /><embed src="http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/player.swf?requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=5mOuuh1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="271" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="requestUrl=http://www.bmw-web.tv/de/stage/playerxml?items%5B0%5D=5mOuuh1"></embed></object>

EDITORAL COMMENT:
Imagine a video like this.

Imagine it being virally marketed around the web like I am doing with this one for BMW.

Imagine the bike is a BMW with sponsorship by BMW MOA.

They may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one.

Or am I just doing a bad John Lennon impersonation while showing my age?
:D

But I digress. Nice video BMWweb.tv

On the other hand it could end up in a picture on a Spanish language motorcycle blog.

Still I am struck by another thought.

Imagine its 2009

Imagine that the AMA gets someone who knows how to promote racing and has them run the show. (Oops they did.)

Imagine BMW built a superbike and need to sell some to privateers to homologate their bikes for racing. (Oops they have said they are building a bike for 2009 WSBK.)

Imagine people ran photo galleries like this one from motoblog.it of the SBK race at Valencia.

Imagine its Daytona instead.

Imagine a privateer with a big new version of the BMW MOA logo on it.

JOHN LENNON GET OUT OF MY HEAD, NOW!

237905512-XL.jpg

BMW Sauber F1

BMW Motorsport

autoweek.com
Tracy ready to move

252037882_irDVF-XL.jpg

SANTA, I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!
topspeed.com
Caterham Superlight R500 teaser image
AND I DONÔÇÖT MEAN JUST THE PICTURE! I WANT THE REAL THING!!!

autoexperss.com
Look inside a BMW engine

stuff.co.nz
Ice-cream stick ship sails for England.

245006716_KwTZ2-XL.jpg

BMW Website Review:

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

BMW Sport website

237925770-XL.jpg

Conversion tools:

Periodically articles in the Morning Reads list things such as prices in units you may not be familiar with. Here are links to some conversion tools for your use.

Universal Currency Converter by xe.com

Online Conversion tools by onlinecoversion.com

Morning Reads standard measure of bike value is the Rdstr. The Rdstr is pegged to the U.S. Dollar and is currently trading at 1 Rdstr = $12,620 U.S. dollars

BlogRoll: some of the blogs I have collected while purposefully wondering around the internet.

NEW LINKS, FEEDS and BLOGS

8negro

Ace Racer 72

Best Brands of the World

Designers Underground

Explore Minnesota News

Mick Rides RTW on R65

Otto Nero

RocketGarage

Stuff: A place for everything and everything in its place, including stuff.

Visian: I missed four thousand, this is 96 maybe 100, what do you think?

cyrilhuzeblog.com
TAG Heuer night vision riding glasses

businesswire.com
Motorcycle seat shield reduces cancer concern

Non BMW news but some of you list other rides.
cmgonline.com
Latest recalls

M.R. Traveler

Places 2 Ride Blog

www.biker-events.com
Finding the Good Times on 2 Wheels

Horizonsunlimited.com ÔÇô Newsletter

Gillette_447.png

2008 International Rally
Gillette, Wyoming, July 17-20 2008

Mining The Website

BMW MOA Foundation: MotoSafe ÔÇô Mentoring a Novice
Part I
Part II
Part III

Threads worth following: Any of the election threads. And if you have already, vote early and vote often!

TodayÔÇÖsRoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot
The Blog

182526939-M.gif

Packer News: Packers.com, jsonline.com - Packers Plus Online

Humor

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City
Sluggy Freelance
The Onion
xkcd

Wondering:

If you made it this far into the post you either skipped down to check out the bike candy or are a glutton for punishment. If the former I can not blame you, if the latter I hope you had some fun. Let me leave you with a thought that came from checking out the Visordown.com RSS feed.

Vissordown has been running used bike reviews. I have not posted them but they are what triggered this wondering.

I imagine a portion of the lurkers come to the bmwmoa.org to check out information on which BMW they should buy. In that group many are going to buy used bikes (maybe even the used one you have listed in the Flea Market so you can get a new one.). What if we made it easier for them buy writing bike reviews of our own bikes. Magazines like Cycle World will have multiple editors give reviews of a bike, so multiple reviews of an old BMW model would be fine.

You can find article after article about the BMW HP2 Sport right now, but try and find a review of a BMW R75/# to help you figure out if you want to plunk down the money on that red one in the Flea Market.

There is something else about that lurker that we should consider. They may not only want information but they may represent a future member. They may be young. They may be female and want to date a I digress.

Seriously. This is just a first bit of brain storming. I will think about writing a review of my Roadster. Think about writing a review of your bike. Hopefully some of us actually write one. If you do and this were to take off I would keep an index of the reviews so that people could see what is available to read and access quickly.

Just wondering for now, enjoy the bike candy.

Bike Candy:

272130968_SJxdG-L.jpg

THE END

He had a very strange day. As a result Tuesday’s work product may seem a bit weird at times but we promised him we would post it unedited. He kept muttering something about it being therapeutic.

Weird is good!

JOHN LENNON GET OUT OF MY HEAD, NOW!

Maybe Elvis or Frank Sinatra instead?

Calling SIBUD ...

A Viking ship made from ice-cream sticks set sail for England from the Netherlands on Tuesday.

The 15-metre long ship, named after the Norse god Thor, is made from 15 million recycled ice-cream sticks glued together by US-born stuntman Robert McDonald, his son and more than 5000 children.

"If you can dream it you can do it ... I want to teach children that anything is possible," McDonald said.

Badly injured as a child in a gas explosion that killed the rest of his family, he has loaded his ship with cuddly toys and plans to reach London and visit children in hospitals.

He and his crew hope to cross the Atlantic later on the ancient Viking route to North America via Iceland and Greenland.

Does this sailing adventure seems problematic?

A Viking ship made of ice-cream sticks? :scratch

Back