• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 6 September 2007

mika

Still Wondering
TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

birthday_graphic_4.gif

Late Breaking Headline: Mika adds new member to his pitcrew!

21:49 Central Time Zone
Wednesday 5 September, 2007

Curtice Jacob
6lbs. 14oz

As a result, todayÔÇÖs Morning Reads may seem a bit discombobulated.

TED: Ideas worth spreading
TED Blog,Conferences, Themes, Talks and Speakers

Page 2:
BMW Press: News and press releases from the official BMW sources

News:

Bikes in the Fast Lane
Harley-Davidson looking at the weather for motorcycle sales.
H-D is wondering, Mike Werner has his theory and I bought my last three bikes when it was raining.

Bikes in the Fast Lane
WhatÔÇÖs Faster: BMW M, K1200S or a Golf Ball

I know who reads these sorts of things; curious fools like me. I am wondering who comes up with these questions and why?

Packer News

jsonline.com
Packers Plus Online

The News-Record ÔÇô Gillette Wyoming

Bike Reviews:

motorcycle-usa.com
2008 Kawasaki Versys ÔÇô First Ride

infomotori.co.uk
Suzuki Hayabusa K8

192226755-M.jpg

Book Review:

londonbikers.com
Under Asian Skies ÔÇô A new adventure motorcycle travel book

Stephen Hawking writes a kidÔÇÖs sf trilogy

[url=http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?p=225349&posted=1#post225349]Blog Update

Foreign Language Blogs

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

Riding Skills:

visordown.com
Learn to ride with Visordown: Road surface

Photography / Video:

dPS.om
7 Digital camera predators and how to keep them at bay

diyphotography.net
Back to Basics - Aperture

M.R. Traveler

mcnews.com
349 Miles of CO Fun

Wonderings:

Wednesday 11PM:

The last 36 hours have been a like being in a low key episode of House.

My oldest daughter was taken to the hospital with a fever and severe pain. The major complication in diagnosing the problem was her pregnancy. During the first 12 hours a variety of test were run that lead to various possibilities but only resulted in a firm answer of, ÔÇÿI donÔÇÖt know,ÔÇÖ when the physician was pressed for a diagnosis.

At about 1PM the mother and father to be along with the doctor decided that labor would be induced. The estimated due date was October 2, but things were serious enough to push things ahead. Almost nine hours latter Curtice was born. At this point things are moving along alright.

The new member of the pit crew is in the special care nursery. I always wonder about names like that. I looked for the little or no care nursery, or the - we will care when we get around to it nursery and never found them. But I digress. He will be going through some tests to see if he has the ÔÇÿI donÔÇÖt knowÔÇÖ problem his mother has.

Mom is getting a bit of rest and then they will start poking and prodding again to find out what is up with her.

Most things in life are fine in the end. They arenÔÇÖt just yet so we havenÔÇÖt reached the end of this episode of life.

TodayÔÇÖs RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

xkcd A webcomic of Romance, Sarcasm, Math and Language

Sluggy Freelance

Bike Candy:

192226928-M.jpg

theuncagedlibrarian

THE END

BMW Press: News and press releases from the official BMW sources

World of BMW News

Choose your adventure

Husqvarna

192226646-M.jpg

Delepine in awesome shape gets Italian podium

BMW GroupPress Club:

PressClub Canada

ÔÇó The world's 70 Top Golfers tee-off at the BMW Championship
Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk and Ernie Els assemble at the Cog Hill Golf & Country Club

ÔÇó Can Tiger Woods threaten Walter Hagen's five-win record?
The history of the BMW Championship

ÔÇó Luke Donald's precise preparations for the BMW Championship
Chicago-based pro pushing hard for hometown win

ÔÇó Preparing Dubsdread for play - and a new future
BMW Championship Course set for redesign in time for 2009 return

ÔÇó BMW Championship 2007
Tournament Overview

ÔÇó BMW Championship 2007
Program of the tournament week

ÔÇó BMW expands opportunities for Western Golf Association caddies
Championship supports Evans Scholars Foundation with a range of initiatives

ÔÇó Luke Donald excited about BMW xDrive Technology
Pro drives Cog Hill in BMW X5 and rates it a winning round

ÔÇó Trevor Immelman set to defend his title at the BMW Championship 2007
South African rates his 2006 win as a 'Dream come true'

ÔÇó In conversation with BMW Championship 2007 Director John Kaczkowski
New BMW partnership brings more stars, bigger prize money, and a more exclusive atmosphere

ÔÇó BMW 5-Series BMW Golfsport
Dynamic duo with a passion for style

ÔÇó BMW and Golf have common ground - precision.
The toughest demands in terms of precision and exclusivity apply just as much for BMW's cars and the best designed golf courses

ÔÇó Global Golf
BMW and its international commitments

ÔÇó BMW Golfsport Tournaments 2007 - Overview

ÔÇó BMW and its Commitment to Sports

ÔÇó Media Contact

Chicago. As the PGA TOUR end-of-season playoff contest approaches its climax, the BMW Championship 2007 will see the world??s top 70 golf professionals tee off for a $7-million prize purse and the chance to advance to the fourth and final tournament of the series.

The BMW Championship 2007 is the third tournament in the series, at which point the contest is hotting up and the stakes are climbing. The top ranked 70 players competing in the BMW Championship 2007 represent the 'survivors' from the 144 players who started their FedEx Cup journey 20th August in Westchester, New York. The top 120 from that event progressed to the next Play-Off Challenge in Boston and the top 70 continue to the BMW Championship at Cog Hill Golf & Country Club in Chicago.

Now the pressure is on, because the next cut is down to 30 players, who advance to The TOUR Championship at Atlanta, Georgia. Four tough tournaments in four weeks represents a grueling schedule of high-pressure golf. "It's almost like I'm approaching a four-week tournament," wrote Stewart Cink - one of the top-players - in a recent column. "I'm trying to get ready for what I know is going to be a long stretch."

Cink said he would cut down on his practice rounds to save his energy. "I want to try to stay fresh. Four weeks in a row is one thing, but when you've got four big weeks - four very important weeks - plus, the President's Cup seven days later, well, mentally you start to fatigue a little bit. It doesn't take a lot of wandering with your focus to drop back a notch or two."

As the series progresses, fortunes will change and the BMW Championship 2007 promises to be an engrossing contest with the game's leading players including World Number One Tiger Woods - a three-time winner at Cog Hill - staking their claim. Woods, who won his 12th Major at the PGA Championship 2007, will be joined by the other three 2007 Major winners, Irishman Padraig Harrington (The Open Championship), Argentine Angel Cabrera (The US Open) and American Zach Johnson (The Masters).

K.J. Choi, Rory Sabbatini, Phil Mickelson, V.J. Singh, Jim Furyk, Adam Scott and the returning-to-form Ernie Els all feature with Woods and Johnson in the top 10 after the opening tournament of the series, while Steve Stricker vaulted to the number one slot by virtue of his Barclays win (Woods sat that one out).

Woody Austin, who chased Woods all the way in the PGA Championship was just outside at No. 12, while former US Open Champion Geoff Ogilvy was at 17, just one place ahead of Spanish star Sergio Garcia, who came so close to winning his first Major at the Open Championship in Carnoustie. His Open nemesis, Harrington is at 23, while Chicago resident Luke Donald is at 25 and Stewart Cink is 28th.

Sitting so close to the 30-mark, Cink noted in his column: "There's a lot of potential to move up or down based on how you play, so you obviously don't want to take a chance on moving in the wrong direction."

Trevor Immelman, who won at Cog Hill in 2006, will be hoping for more magic on the course this year as he needs to climb from his ranking of 38 to stay in the top 30.

Big movements are possible with good performances as demonstrated at The Barclays. Steve Stricker, whose victory in New York was his first on the PGA TOUR since 2001, rocketed 11 places up the standings to No. 1. Rich Beem was the biggest mover, climbing 21 spots from 134 to 113 by virtue of his T7 finish. Ian Poulter looked more likely to make it to the BMW Championship by climbing 18 places from 77 to 59 with a T9 finish, while Robert Garrigus, who finished alongside Poulter, broke into the top 100.

After the opening event, Steve Flesch was sitting right on the BMW Championship cut mark of 70, having improved 11 places with his T12 finish at The Barclays.

[url=http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html]BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMW Motorsport

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

BMW Sport website

Congrats on the new little one! Pictures would be nice. :nod

Back