• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Morning Reads: 6 October 2006

mika

Still Wondering
BMW Press Club

Dear Mandy, please tell Santa that he could save on wrapping paper for the tools I asked for if he just puts them in the trunk of this.

BMW CREATES 2007 LIMITED EDITION INDIVIDUAL M6 CONVERTIBLE AND ULTIMATE DRIVING EXPERIENCE FOR 2006 NEIMAN MARCUS CHRISTMAS BOOK.
10/03/2006

Behind-the Scenes Tour of BMW in Munich and Breath-taking drive on Autobahn included in Fantasy Package

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - October 3, 2006... Christmas is coming early this year, as BMW and Neiman Marcus partner to create the ultimate driving fantasy. BMW is offering, exclusively through the legendary Neiman Marcus Christmas Book, the 2007 Limited Edition Individual M6 Convertible. The luxury convertible comes with a custom Ruby Black exterior finish accented with an interior with Piano Black trim elements, power sports seats wrapped in our custom Gold Brown shade of supple BMW Individual Merino leather, and M-radial spoke alloy wheel. The car also comes fully equipped with an incredible 11-speaker Surround Sound stereo and six-disc CD changer. Only 50 of these custom-made automobiles, including the once-in-a-lifetime driving experience, will be available for purchase in this year's Christmas Book for $139,000.

P.S. I will get vanity plates with my Rounder Number and drive with the top down all winter. When I am not riding the Roadster that is.

P.S.S. I am still Shopping the Christmas Book so hold room in the sleigh.

BMW Chartered Club:

group_photo_techday.jpg

club: B-Cubed (Beemers for Bike Week and Biketoberfest), #288
founded: 2/18/2002
4506 Octagon Rd.
Tully, NY 13159 US
www.bcubed.org

meetings: Thursday prior to the 1st full weekend in March.
events: Daytona Bike Week and Biketoberfest
Daytona Biketober Fest
other events: Swap meet during Biketoberfest

Feature

Guzzi1200S.jpg

Insidebikes.com reports that some other European shaft drive company will be showing off a new twin cylinder 1200S soon. I thought BMW had that niche sewn up.

I donÔÇÖt like prevaricators, but fabricators are another breed. Spend some time browsing the ARC Fabrication web site and see what a small fabrication shop, specializing in V twins of all ilkÔÇÖs is able to produce.

News

Motorcycling barristers of England have put together a web site offering legal advice to riders. If you spend time there remember you are in the English legal system not the US. But it could be fun to see how motorcyclists are handled at the Old Bailey.

6272_5100673709.jpg

I am an audio Luddite. I have evolved one step up the Luddite ladder, I wear ear plugs when I ride. I know from your posts many of you can not get enough music when you ride. When I saw this I was certain many would be interested.

pig_bike.jpg

NASCAR Expert claims new fuel discovery.

Motorcycle Repair and Care

motorcycle-horns.gif

The bozo in the SUV that just cut you off did not hear your horn when you lay on the loud button and a squeak came out. Now youÔÇÖre thinking of changing horns, but wonder about the electrical issues. This article may help.

Riding Skills

sbike_blublk.gif

I actually saw one of these on Minnehaha Parkway, in the Lilydale suburb of Minneapolis, while out riding last weekend. I stopped and asked the trendy parents where they found it. They were a bit miffed that a guy on a motorcycle was pestering them. Turned, sipping their Starbucks and told there son Brandon to follow them as they walked away. Brandon and I exchange longing glances at each others bikes as he shoved off. Then today I came across this. It is in the Riding Skills section because the Kiddimoto makes the following claim on their web site:

"Balance learning and play

Kiddimoto helps children to learn balance, leading to 2-wheeled cycling skills, helps them to be more aware of their actions and consequences of those actions. It will also give them confidence in their abilities which will develop in other areas of their lives. Children that develop balance at an early age also develop confidence. Confidence allows children to learn faster."

They go on for another 486 words on the educational benefits at their educational link. Here I just thought I found a cool present for my grandson and wanted to know where to order it from. Now I hope he remembers who started him on the road to his Nobel Prize for Physics.

Gear:

canon190.jpg

A digital camera with knobs, the 10 mega pixel Canon G7.
I have been looking for a smallish digital camera to carry on the Roadster for those trick snaps. I like my current Sony but I have trouble working all the features with gloves and a helmet on. Consequently I often pass up a photo op because of the clumsy camera ritual. This may be worth looking at when it comes out.

Video[/B]:
I know this is an oldie for some of you but I came across it again and had as much fun as the first time. Remember Blue ones are the fastest or in this case due to the light shift at warp speed blue and white ones.

News from the 2007 Rally area

10052006_06.jpg

gmtoday.com: Despite storms, home makeover project stays on tight deadline.

Ozaukee ÔÇô Washington Daily News: TodayÔÇÖs headline story goes to the heart of something we love, roads.

Bike Candy:

third_place1.jpg

Back