• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morning Reads: 27 July 2007

mika

Still Wondering
Today’s Birthdays / Calendar

cc_birthday_clown.jpg

BMWMOA News

ArtSpam

BMW in the News

Husqvarna.it
Sebastien Guillaume on USA podium

topix.net : Los Angeles Times
Milla Jovovich ready to kill some zombies on her BMW muscle bike

raodracingworld.com
Updated MPTP-ST Rider Championship Point Standings Released ‘After Review Of Rider Logs’

iht.com
BWM Welt aims to make entering the showroom a cathederal-like experience.

FT.com
Rolls-Royce dented by weakening dollar

News:

moto22.com
Campras y Fusiones

twtex.com
Phantom Tracking System Payment Plans

amadirectlink.com
VMD’s the place to be

azcentral.com
Niche cycle shops thriving - Phoenix stores cater to different groups

dealernews.com
Motoprimo Consolidates Locations

dealernews.com
Big plans for Fun Bike Center

roadracingworld.com
New MV Aguasta, Benelli Dealer in Southern California

huffingtonpost.com
Harley-Davidson in Hot Pursuit of Female Bikers

cyrilhuzeblog.com
Harley-Davidson 2008 Screamin’ Eagle Softail Springer

amadirectlink.com
Motorcyclist fatalities up 5 percent in 2006

cycrilhuzeblog.com
S&S buys Flathead Power

thekneeslider.com
What are your questions for Eric Buell?

iht.com
Mapmaking for the masses, online

Blog Update

Foriegn Language Blogs

New Blogs:
Motorcycle diary of Joy Dutta
Recreation, creativity and everything that excites me

Gear:

File this one under, ‘Why didn’t I think of that?’
Bikes in the Fast Lane
Pump up Your Helmet

webbikeworld.com
Marushin X-Moto “Squadron” Helmet

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

Riding Skills:

Bikes in the Fast Lane
Take your helmet off when drinking!

visordown.com
Learn to ride with Visordown : Buying the right gloves

Photography / Video:

Crusader Rabbit: Episode 10
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-Neoub6shM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-Neoub6shM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Wonderings:

I am heading to Iowa for the weekend to see my daughter and her family.

With apologies to fellow members from Iowa, my daughter and her family live in what I had considered the waste lands between Des Moines and Omaha / Council Bluffs. I could appreciate the view as I passed but nothing that made me really want to stop. It was an area to ride through on the way to more exciting areas.

With each trip to visit I find more and more things of interest. I have not had some life altering epiphany that makes me want to recommend it as an area of riding nirvana. The reasons I go there are to play with my grandchildren, tease my daughter and have wonderful long conversations with my son-in-law.

Many of my trips are intended to take me to some great place to ride. Sometimes we ride to a place for the people. What is important is seeing them and the things you will do together.

Hmmm. This is similar to what I have thought about the ride between Devils Tower and the Big Horns.

147772707-L.jpg

Today’s RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

xkcd A webcomic of Romance, Sarcasm, Math and Language

BMW Press: News and press releases from the official BMW sources

World of BMW News

The Ride now available on DVD

PressClub Mexico

The team of Long Way Down continues its African Adventure, in the R 1200 GS Adventure de BMW Motorrad

Munich, July of 2007. Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman follow in the route of their adventure in the Long Way Down of 25.000 km from Scotland to South Africa. Traveling in motorcycles R 1200 GS Adventure de BMW, until now already they passed by ten countries including Scotland, England, France, Italy, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kenya and at the moment they are enjoying the wonders Uganda.

177324463-M.jpg

By the way, they have been in some impressive sites and also they have happened through difficult ways, that they have implied that the conditions of the route have represented incredible challenges, as much for Ewan as for Charley, for example, of the intense heat of Sudan. In Wad Medani, Sudan, the equipment found the heat extremoso than they have experimented in his lives. Now they are adapting quickly in the passage on the sand of Africa, as Ewan explains:

“All these things incredibly are amused views in retrospective. There are moments about which you think what devils I am doing. We have had some complex moments with the sand in the populations, where in addition the walls and the streets are very narrow and is people who go and come, so there were moments at which I felt very tense and I had a pair of `uncontrol'.

When you see it in perspective, you really do not remember the easy things, but the strongest situations. I am anxious to live more moments like these”. The team of Long Way Down was surprised and enchanted before the beauty of Ethiopia, as well as of amiable and the hospitable thing that is their inhabitants. In their way to the project of UNICEF in Adrigat, the members of the equipment have visited famous sites, such as the temple of Axum and the Coffer of the Alliance, but are people which has left to a lasting impression in Ewan and Charley.

“We fought through the deserts of Sudan, but when arriving at Ethiopia, in minutes, the whole landscape changed”, explains Ewan. “In Ethiopia you are before many aspects different from Africa. You face children, some of which have undernourished and sickly appearance, since there is no access to the clean water, medicines or clinics in general. And at the same time the children are very happy and very, very amused”.

“One of the things that we wished to make era show a real image of Africa. We thought about while still alive wild hunger and, and Africa has everything what there is between those two ends. We found that each country has its own identity and is very, very different from another one, but Ethiopia was incredible and has something of the best motociclismo in the world, that I create”, added Ewan.

“We made an extraordinary route by mountains of the National Park of Simien, where we saw gorilas and spectacular scenes. We went of a closed curve to another one, with very many loose gravel, really horrible, soon one came down and we had to install our tent under rain. Nevertheless, everything is coming out well, my moto is giving really a great result and is requesting more, which is good! ”, Ewan commented.

Also Charley has been living his own series on experiences from the seat of his R 1200 GS Adventure:

“Ethiopia has become everything what we had thought that would be and much more. It is a beautiful place, with the field more surprising than I have seen and the most amazing mountains. Always there is pleasant people, to where she wants that you go, aside from the children who throw stones all along to us! You go in your moto following the route and you suddenly feel the stone that gives in your helmet, and these children feel to a side of the way to ***reflx mng itself of you”. “What is interesting while we advanced towards South Africa in the motos, he is that you can see how they change the faces of people to acercarte to the equator. He has been magnificent to experience the different cultures and religions, and the food (in Ethiopia) also is very interesting. They do panqu?®s really great and they serve different types from meats and foods on them, and soon they eat them with the fingers. He is delicious, but some times I surprise the house food.” it concluded Charley.

Ewan and Charley still are far from the sites for tourists and are facing difficult ways and tracks, with the purpose of living the reality on Africa. This has implied to have to support some terrible conditions of the way in Kenya, according to Ewan:

“It is like leading by corrugated iron, and the whole motorcycle shakes until its smaller parts. I arrived at the point in that could not feel the ends of my fingers of hands and feet, was very uncomfortable! Although it waited for one to me compensates, since it was the first time that I saw wild elephants. We had the opportunity to seat us a caba??ita as opposed to where much at night they approach, and in the dark you can acercarte until a projection where you can be to about 3 or 5 meters of them. That was incredible, to lead moto until a place where there are elephants is a true test of the distant spot which you have arrived, and that are brilliant! ”, it concluded Ewan.

Ewan, Charley and equipment now is in Uganda, where they need less than 6.500 Kilometers to cross more until they arrive at his destiny, in the point to the south of Africa: Cabo de Agulhas. For more details on this amazing trip, and to receive special bulletins, it visits the Web site please www.longwaydown.com, where a special section of `has been created members' so that the followers of Long Way Down can be subscribed and be received the news of the rest of the route.

Spanish English translation by Google Translator

Rolls-Royse Motor Car PressClub

ROLLS-ROYCE CONVERTIBLE DEBUTS IN SPAIN

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will today unveil the new Phantom Drophead Coup?® for the first time in Spain, at the company’s dealership in Marbella.
This two-door, four-seater convertible combines the latest in light-weight engineering technology with the finest hand-crafted materials. It features several unique design options, like a stainless steel bonnet and teak decking – inspired by sailing yachts. Each car is individually built by highly skilled craftsmen and women at the company’s world headquarters in Goodwood, on the south coast of England.

145307800-M.jpg

Jos?® Maria Ab??itiz, General Manager for Rolls-Royce at Royal Crown Motors said, “The feedback on the presentation of the convertible Experimental Car 100EX in Madrid in 2004 was overwhelmingly positive. As Marbella is one of the capitals for luxury cars, we are pleased to unveil the new convertible for a truly international audience here.”

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Managing Director for Europe and the Middle East, Axel Oberm??ller, said, “Our dealer is part of one of the most dynamic automotive groups in Spain. We are confident of the continued growth in demand for Rolls-Royce cars and the launch of the Phantom Drophead Coup?® is an important step in this process.

This year Rolls-Royce will have a three model line-up, as the new Drophead Coup?® joins the Phantom and Phantom Extended Wheelbase.

BMW Sauber F1: Website

BMW Motorsport

BMW Yachtsport

BMW Golfsport

BMW Oracle Racing

BMW Sport website

Bike Candy:
13_plugs.jpg

Artwork by Scott Conary
6” x 5” oil on board
Good Luck with the exhibit Scott.

THE END

P.S.
Thanks to Beatnikbiker.com for listing the Morning Reads and the BMW MOA as a secondary source in your posting of, ‘What did Apple learn from Harley-Davidson?’

Last edited:
Back