• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Morning Reads: 20 March 2007

mika

Still Wondering
The motorcycling world viewed from the saddle of a BMW. A daily look at all things BMW, Euro-bike, products and things I find interesting on the internet. With links to news, reviews, events, riding skills, maintenance and racing series updates. Morning Reads is a one stop shop for motorcycling information.

TodayÔÇÖs Birthdays / Calendar

spot's%20birthday%20party-thumb.jpg

News:

Vernal Equinox ÔÇô Wikipedia has one explanation, I prefer to think of it as the official start of riding season.

topix.net ÔÇô If there is a Wild Hogs II Travolta will be on a new bike after putting his ÔÇÿHogÔÇÖ up for auction.

Business-Standard.com ÔÇô Honda to build second motorcycle factory in India.

theKneeslider.com India is set to allow Harley-Davidson into their market. The Japanese manufacturers have been expanding into this market and leaves me wondering how long before others will follow. If there is a market for H-D is there one for BMW? What would it mean for the product line, production and prices?

AMADirectlink.com AMA adds new kinds of events to riding calendar for 2007.

Superbike.co.uk ÔÇô Ducati is getting in the tour bandwagon.

Bikes in the Fast Lane continues its TV commercial review. This time Suzuki Motorcycles Around the World.

Aprilia weighs into the three wheeled scooter market with concept drawings of the Trivio. theKneeslider.com

Malcolm Smith exhibit will begin at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame July 26, 2007 and run for 11 1/2 months.dealersnews.com

Go Guides ÔÇô Thailand: The (Thai) Motorcycle Diaries.

Motorcycle-USA.com ÔÇô USAF Captain Honored with Custom Bike (and no Tutles were involved.)

King5.com ÔÇô Missing motorcycle riders found.

TopSpeed.com ÔÇô SoCal MV riders to meet in Malibu Saturday the 24th. This should be a great bike candy Saturday ride; wish I could go.

TopSpeed.com ÔÇô MC16 Matrix, a totally revamped Honda Hornet project bike.

Blog Update:

Salcar has a cold.

carlaking Motorcycle Misadventures

MotoLiam

DPS.com ÔÇô Balance in Photography

Gear:

gadling.com ÔÇô a product to protect the screen on that digital camera in your tankbag.

Motorcycle Repair and Care:

Ducati Maintenance Vids replaces a chain on a Duc. I know some of you have Ducs and the chain gang guys have those things also.

RoadFood.com

Woot

Todays Woot

The Blog

Over Heard in New York | Voice of the City

All things BMW

leftlanenews.com ÔÇô Spy pictures of 1 Series Coupe.

World of BMW news

Test driving a country and a BMW on a motorcycle tour

BMW Group Press Club:

Motorsports PressClub

BMW Sauber F1 Team - Australian Grand Prix - Race, Sunday - 18.03.07

Australian Grand Prix - Race, Sunday - 18.03.07
Weather: dry and sunny, 21-22??C Air, 39-41??C Track

The BMW Sauber F1 Team started the 2007 season off in Melbourne with fourth place for Nick Heidfeld. However, a gearbox problem robbed the team of seeing both drivers in the points, as Robert Kubica retired on lap 36 while lying in fourth place.

Nick Heidfeld: 4th
BMW Sauber F1.07-05 / BMW P86/7
Fastest Lap: 1.26.722 min on lap 37 (6th fastest overall)

"I had a very good start, which was an even better one than Kimi and managed to pass Fernando. Of course I hoped to stay in front of him, but realistically I knew the McLarens were quicker than us. Thinking about how happy we are, you should not forget where we came from as we started last season eighth in the constructors' championship. Our pace is really good and fourth is a super start to the season.

I feel very sorry for the team with Robert's retirement, as he was also very strong. My tyre strategy to take the softer ones first was riskier. I knew after the first stop there was the danger of getting stuck in traffic, and this is what happened, but I took the risk anyway. The race was a lot of fun, but in the final laps I was a bit lonely. Mechanically my car was perfect."

Robert Kubica: Retired
BMW Sauber F1.07-04 / BMW P86/7
Fastest Lap: 1.26.642 min on lap 19 (4th fastest overall)

"My pace was good but unfortunately we had a gearbox problem. I was stuck in fifth gear and that was the end of my race. The only good thing is we know what the problem is and we now have to resolve it. In the race I was much heavier than Nick and was able to match his speed. My strategy was to attack towards the end of the race. My last stint was going to be very short, so I would have had an even better performance then, but unfortunately I didn't get that far."

Mario Theissen (BMW Motorsport Director):
"Nick drove a good race and his fourth has earned us five points in the season curtain raiser. He was on soft tyres for the first stint and we didn't think they would last very long. In hindsight, we could have done a longer first stint. Robert was strong and showing the same pace as Nick when his gearbox stuck in fifth on lap 36.

Now we have to focus on getting our reliability sorted out. The most important lesson today is we have been able to match our testing performance. We have clearly been the third fastest team, and that is a good baseline for the next races."

Willy Rampf (Technical Director):
"Nick's fourth place is a very good result and reflects our qualifying performance, as we were the third quickest team in that. We ran our cars on different strategies as the new tyre regulation stipulates you have to use both compounds in the race. Another reason was the new Safety Car rule which says the pit lane will be closed until the cars are in their proper order on the track.

You have to make sure you don't go into such a period with the cars on the same pit stop strategy. Nick was on the softer compound for the start and Robert would have used it at the end, which obviously didn't happen. Both our drivers were quick and strong."
137257315-L.jpg

137255004-L.jpg

137254856-L.jpg

137254753-L.jpg

137254676-L.jpg

137254517-L.jpg

137254466-L.jpg

137254365-L.jpg

Bike Candy:

123938450-L.jpg

BMW MOA Chartered Club:

collage-7.jpg

club: Land Of Enchantment BMW Riders, #123
founded: 9/1/1982
PO Box 92095
Albuquerque, NM 87199-2095 US
www.nmbmwmc.org

meetings: Varies from month to month. Call for location and date.
events: Bavarian Mountain Weekend, Sipapu Ski Resort, Vadito, NM, wknd after Labor Day
other events: AHRMA Sandia Classic, 3rd weekend in September

Gem??tlichkeit is the warm, comfortable feeling
one receives from pleasant surroundings and atmosphere.
I think you will find that when you come here.

128176913816933954.jpg

Wisconsin's first state park, Interstate State Park, is located on the edge of the town of St. Croix Falls. The town is also the headquarters of the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway. A visitor center displays exhibits on the river's history. A few miles south along the river, the agreeable river town of Osceola features an historic downtown district that includes a waterfall ÔÇô Cascade Falls.
Ozaukee ÔÇô Washington Daily News

Fond Du Lac Reporter

The Sheboygan Press

Daily Citizen, Beaver Dam

Weather

West Bend WI
Current

10 Day Forcast

United States
National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration

Canada
Meteorological Service of Canada

Travel Information ÔÇô Driving Conditions and other related information sites.

[ ]THE END

Back