• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-Atlantic vintage Events Of Note

R

rocketman

Here is some info on two vintage events of note that I am either hosting or involved with promoting and working on. both take place this summer in West Virginia and I'd like to get as many as possible participating in one or both! Also please pass this info on to anyone who you think might be interested.

The first event, which I have been hosting for the past 2 years, is the Festival of Fives celebrating the venerable BMW /5 series made between late 69 thru 73 that takes place in Seneca Rocks WV June 13-15 at the Princesses Snowbird campground run by YokumÔÇÖs Vacationland. This is will be the12th year of the event and due to declining numbers over the past three years IÔÇÖve decided to open it up to all vintage BMWÔÇÖs as well as any vintage bikes or those that have an interest in them.

No Fees (other than camping, motel or cabin rentals) and no planed events as yet but if U get enough interest IÔÇÖll have some door prizes and perhaps lead a nice vintage ride thru the surrounding hills. For more information contact me at events@roadrunes.com and I would also like to get a head count.

For camping, motel or cabins rentals plus links to area attractions contact YokumÔÇÖs at
www.yokum.com

The second event is again a vintage event that is part of the WV MountainFest Motorcycle Rally that takes place in Morgantown WV, on July 24-27. this is becoming one of the premier motorcycle rallies on the east coast, last year there were over 110 vintage bikes spanning the years from the early 1920ÔÇÖs thru the 60ÔÇÖs and 70ÔÇÖs. The main event hotel is the Waterfront Hotel in downtown Morgantown which also hosts the vintage display: Besides the display there are two planned vintage rides, a Saturday parade thru Morgantown and on Sunday a vintage Grand Prix thru the wharf district of the town. If you have any interest in vintage bikes this is one event you should not miss!

As part of the planning committee for the vintage portion of the event I am looking for folks interested in having their machine in the vintage display in the event hotelÔÇÖs grand ballroom and anyone interested in participating in the Vintage Grand Prix, which is a very low key affair, more for fun than any real competition. I am especially interested in BMWÔÇÖs and other European Machines; if we can get enough then IÔÇÖm going to suggest we have a European specific area set aside in the show. I am also looking for volunteers to help with the vintage event in any capacity. More information on MountainFest available at the link below

www.wvmountainfest.com

Again if interested in either event email me at events@roadrunes.com and let me know which event youÔÇÖre interested in and if you plan on attending along with particulars on your vintage machine.

RM

Back